Cannot install PHP SDK error "make: *** [replica.lo] Error 1"

Hi all,
I’m using ubuntu 10.04 apache 2.4.4 php 5.5.0.
I’m getting this error when install php sdk, detail:
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -c /tmp/pear/temp/couchbase/replica.c -o replica.lo
cc -I. -I/tmp/pear/temp/couchbase -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/tmp/pear/temp/pear-build-tvmadmin2QVPkF/couchbase-1.2.1/include -I/tmp/pear/temp/pear-build-tvmadmin2QVPkF/couchbase-1.2.1/main -I/tmp/pear/temp/couchbase -I/opt/php/include/php -I/opt/php/include/php/main -I/opt/php/include/php/TSRM -I/opt/php/include/php/Zend -I/opt/php/include/php/ext -I/opt/php/include/php/ext/date/lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -c /tmp/pear/temp/couchbase/replica.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/replica.o
/tmp/pear/temp/couchbase/replica.c:32: error: conflicting types for ‘clone’
/usr/include/bits/sched.h:80: note: previous declaration of ‘clone’ was here
make: *** [replica.lo] Error 1
ERROR: `make’ failed

Please help.
Thanks,

Hey!
It looks like you might have a macro for _entry which is causing the name of the function to be ‘clone’ rather than ‘clone_entry’, which is causing your issues. If you look at the ‘previous declaration’ and ‘current declaration’ they are definitely different names! Do you have anything non-standard installed on your system?
Cheers, Brett

Hi brett19,
Thank for helping me,
In my system, I install couchbase with nginx + php-fpm it’s ok, but I install apache + php it’s fail…
Best regards, nt.tung

I’ve just run into this problem today. I had Couchbase running fine but was forced to upgrade the Ubuntu OS to 13.10 and also move from a self-compiled version of PHP to the Ubuntu distro version. It is now successfully running PHP 5.5, Apache, and I have installed libcouchbase but when I try installing Couchbase PHP libraries with sudo pecl install couchbase-1.20 I run into the following:

make: *** No rule to make target /tmp/pear/temp/couchbase/replica.c', needed by replica.lo’. Stop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ad I’ve run into a bit of a dead end.

Well somehow posting the question led me to answer … since I need the 1.x API I do need to explicitly install an earlier version of the PHP couchbase library but 1.2.2 (versus 1.2.0) is the last version that would work and it does indeed compile and work. :smile: