Cbrestore error

Source: Ubuntu, Couchbase V2.2.0. Using cbbackup to export a bucket
Destination: MacOS, Couchbase V2.2.0. Using cbrestore to extract/import bucket

Error:
2014-07-22 00:13:18,276: s3 error: async operation: error: map missing vbucket_id: 328; perhaps your source does not have vbuckets; if so, try using moxi (HOST:11211) as a destination on sink: http://127.0.0.1:8091(test-bucket@127.0.0.1:8091)
error: map missing vbucket_id: 328; perhaps your source does not have vbuckets; if so, try using moxi (HOST:11211) as a destination

Additional Info:

1. Exports from the Mac to Ubuntu work fine. We have also tested Ubuntu -> Windows, that works well too
  2. Both machines are using the 64bit versions of Couchbase
  3. I can export from Mac and re-import to a different bucket and it works

Thanks in advance!

Could you try the following?

./cbrestore -x rehash=1

It looks like the problem you’re facing is due to the different number of vBuckets that Couchbase uses on MacOS installs compared to everything else.

With MacOS, Couchbase uses only 64 vBuckets, whereas everywhere else it uses 1024. So, cbrestore can’t match the backed-up data with the vBuckets it is expecting. If you ask cbrestore to rehash as it restores, then it’ll overcome that problem.

Early on, MacOS had some issues with the number of file handles that were required by 1024 vBuckets. So, for the MacOS version only we switched to 64 vBuckets. In most cases, that’s fine because no one deploys Couchbase to production on MacOS but it can come up in situations like this.

Let me know if that works.

2 Likes

Matthew,

This worked beautifully!!! thanks a lot. I was on the verge of getting desperate :slight_smile:

Thanks also for the explanation as to why this might be happening. We are newbie Couchers, so appreciate all the help.

Live long and prosper!

Great news! I’m very pleased to hear that helped. Please feel free to ask if you need more help.

Hi Matthew,

We have run into and issue in the past couple of days, I hate to bother you, but was wondering if you could help.

If you can help, here is the question that I posted: http://www.couchbase.com/communities/q-and-a/javautilconcurrentexecutionexception

Thanks,
Peter