Couchbase server config file

Does couchbase server have a config file (key, value pair) like MongoDB. MongoDB uses a configuration file for settings such as port, bind_ip, etc. http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/reference/configuration-options/
I would appreciate some clarification on this topic.

Thanks

bin/coucbase-cli can get/set confirmation values for you. It is located under the couchbase install directory the exact path depends on the OS you are using. Are there particular settings you wanted to change?
thanks
-cihan

Thanks for the prompt help.

I am aware of the cli usage. But I wanted to confirm if Couchbase server has a config file which can be edited/updated directly (like Mongo), or do we always need to use the cli/REST api?

got it! yes, CLI and REST APIs are the commended ways to make configuration changes.

Which kind of makes “automation” a bit of painful and less effective. If better than using the web-gui but running too make Exec , makes it as messier as it can get. So, there is no way we can edit/create any file at all for cluster configuration?
(Just started looking in the Couchbase, so apology if situation changed since the previous comment.)
Best!

1 Like