Loading Memcached-Java-Load-Client

Hi all,

I am new in memcached, yscb and java-load-client. I am going to use Memcached-Java-Load-Client for evaluation of memcached. However, I have problem with loading and running load generator. The command is:
java -cp ./lib/memcached-2.6.jar:/usr/share/maven-repo/log4j/log4j/1.2.16/log4j-1.2.16.jar:/usr/share/java/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.4.jar:/usr/share/java/slf4j-api.jar:…/Memcached-Java-Load-Client/build/ycsb.jar com.yahoo.ycsb.LoadGenerator -load -P workloads/workloadb

Although I run a memcached on my computer on port 11211, I got the below error message:

0 sec: 0 operations; 0 ops/sec

2013-08-13 01:15:30.954 INFO net.spy.memcached.MemcachedConnection: Added {QA sa=/127.0.0.1:11211, #Rops=0, #Wops=0, #iq=0, topRop=null, topWop=null, toWrite=0, interested=0} to connect queue
2013-08-13 01:15:30.956 INFO net.spy.memcached.MemcachedConnection: Connection state changed for sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl@57ccadea
Exception in thread “PooledThread-0” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.spy.memcached.MemcachedClient.set(Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/Object;)Lnet/spy/memcached/internal/OperationFuture;
at com.yahoo.ycsb.db.SpymemcachedClient.set(Unknown Source)
at com.yahoo.ycsb.memcached.MemcachedWrapper.set(Unknown Source)
at com.yahoo.ycsb.workloads.MemcachedCoreWorkload.doInsert(Unknown Source)
at com.yahoo.ycsb.client.ClientThreadPool$PooledThread.run(Unknown Source)

I should mention that I created the ycsb.jar by using the following command:
ant -Ddb=com.yahoo.ycsb.db.SpymemcachedClient -Dworkload=com.yahoo.ycsb.workloads.CoreWorkload dbcompile-memcached

and I separately downloaded memcached-2.6.jar and memcached-2.5.jar. I tried each version but got the same error.

Any suggestion?

Best Regards,
Saeid

Hi,

I’m not quite sure what are you trying to do and how you do it. In order to help you, I need some more information.

Also, please use spymemcached 2.9.1, which is the newest version.

If you want to use YCSB with Couchbase, look here, its already done: https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/pull/136

Your message looks like that something is not on the classpath during execution. To make your life easier, just use maven or a maven-compliant build system (you use ant here, so stick with ivy).

Make sure everything is on the classpath!

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I want to evaluate memcached by using Memcached-Java-Load-Client which uses YSCB to generate the get/set requests in the client side. This is what I have done:

I have installed memcached from the source. Then I installed the yscb by
git clone git://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB.git
cd YCSB
mvn clean package

then I installed Memcached-Java-Load-Client from https://github.com/mikewied/Memcached-Java-Load-Client and installed it by
ant -Ddb=com.yahoo.ycsb.db.SpymemcachedClient -Dworkload=com.yahoo.ycsb.workloads.CoreWorkload dbcompile-memcached

finally when I tried to load a workload from Memcached-Java-Load-Client by
java -cp /home/saeid/software/memcached/Memcached-Java-Load-Client/build/classes/:~/software/memcached/YCSB/core/target/:./lib/memcached-2.6.jar:/usr/share/maven-repo/log4j/log4j/1.2.16/log4j-1.2.16.jar:/usr/share/java/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.4.jar:/usr/share/java/slf4j-api.jar:…/Memcached-Java-Load-Client/build/ycsb.jar com.yahoo.ycsb.LoadGenerator -load -P workloads/workloadb

I got the mentioned error.

Also I have the classpath=/home/saeid/software/memcached/Memcached-Java-Load-Client/build/classes/:/home/saeid/software/memcached/YCSB/

It should be mentioned that since I have installed memcached from c source code I downloaded memcached-2.6.jar and memcached-2.5.jar manually and put them into /home/saeid/software/memcached/Memcached-Java-Load-Client/lib.

Please help me.

Best Regards,
Saeid

Hi,

I see what you’re doing, but let me point out the following:

• Use a recent YCSB and Spymemcached version! The pull request I pointed you to uses my fork of a recent version which uses our official SDK, that under the hood uses spymemcached so you can expect similar performance.

YCSB is a little tricky to work with, and its a maven based system, so won’t get much out if it with using ant.

See the detailed instructions on this page here:

This should be anything that you need in order to get started!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I want to run Memcached-Java-Load-Client with memcached not with couchbase.

I have added spymemcached-2.9.1 to lib directory of Memcached-Java-Load-Client and compile it. Then I added slf4j-simple-1.7.5.jar and slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar into lib directory too.
But Still after attempting to load the client by
java -cp build/ycsb.jar:lib/slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar:lib/slf4j-simple-1.7.5.jar:lib/memcached-2.6.jar com.yahoo.ycsb.LoadGenerator -load -P workloads/workloadb

I got the error :

2013-08-13 21:44:23.049 INFO net.spy.memcached.MemcachedConnection: Added {QA sa=/127.0.0.1:11211, #Rops=0, #Wops=0, #iq=0, topRop=null, topWop=null, toWrite=0, interested=0} to connect queue
2013-08-13 21:44:23.052 INFO net.spy.memcached.MemcachedConnection: Connection state changed for sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl@f970646
Exception in thread “PooledThread-0” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.spy.memcached.MemcachedClient.set(Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/Object;)Lnet/spy/memcached/internal/OperationFuture;
at com.yahoo.ycsb.db.SpymemcachedClient.set(Unknown Source)
at com.yahoo.ycsb.memcached.MemcachedWrapper.set(Unknown Source)
at com.yahoo.ycsb.workloads.MemcachedCoreWorkload.doInsert(Unknown Source)
at com.yahoo.ycsb.client.ClientThreadPool$PooledThread.run(Unknown Source)
2013-08-13 21:44:23.053 INFO net.spy.memcached.MemcachedConnection: Added {QA sa=/127.0.0.1:11211, #Rops=0, #Wops=0, #iq=0, topRop=null, topWop=null, toWrite=0, interested=0} to connect queue
Exception in thread “Thread-0” java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException
at java.lang.ThreadGroup.addUnstarted(ThreadGroup.java:864)
at java.lang.Thread.init(Thread.java:389)
at java.lang.Thread.(Thread.java:511)
at com.yahoo.ycsb.client.ClientThreadPool$PooledThread.(Unknown Source)
at com.yahoo.ycsb.client.ClientThreadPool.(Unknown Source)
at com.yahoo.ycsb.client.LoadThread.run(Unknown Source)
2013-08-13 21:44:23.054 INFO net.spy.memcached.MemcachedConnection: Connection state changed for sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl@6ce25f8a

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Saeid.