Performance issue on Windows platform

Hi,
I have a performance issue with the latest version of Couchbase server on Windows platform. I tried both community and enterprise editions.
Right after installation I faced with a very high CPU utilization by Couchbase processes - memcached.exe and erl.exe. They take about 80-90% of CPU and use my HDD extremely much.
My database is empty, Couchbase server isn’t in any cluster… I don’t understand the reason of this situation.

Thanks.

Could you please give more information about your system:

• exact version of Couchbase
  • OS version
  • hardware description
  • Number and type of buckets, and RAM quota

Regards
Tug
@tgrall

Hi Tug,
I tried to install Couchbase on different machines. But each had the same trouble.
My last installation was on my developer machine:

1. Couchbase Server 2.2.0 Enterprise Edition 64bit
  2. Microsoft Windows 8.1
  3. Intel Core i5, 8G DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM, 2.5" SATA, 250GB 5400rpm
  4. RAM quota is 4788MB (accepted by default). My database is completely EMPTY. I didn’t set any data including examples.

But right after installation I got very high HDD I/O and CPU usage. How can I solve this problem?

I have similar issue (described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21546677/couchbasenetclient-to-a-memcached-or-couchebase-bucket-10-times-slower-than-mong) . Curious to know the resolution

Have you tried the latest version of Couchbase Server? Version 2.5.1

If this issue persists, we’d like to get more info to investigate further.

Thanks,
Don Pinto
Product Manager

We have the same issues with version 2.5.1 on Windows Platform. We noticed that on Linux platform everything is ok. What information do you need for investigation? How do you suggest to deal with it?

What are you machine specs in terms of RAM, and CPU?

Thanks,
Don

Hi Don,

We too have seen similar issues with couchbase on windows platform. The CPU utilization is extremely high.