Query s view causes and exception in some calls

My view has a reduce count function and from time to time the call fails with the followed exception, any clue?

com.couchbase.client.java.error.TranscodingException: Could not decode View JSON.
at com.couchbase.client.java.view.ViewQueryResponseMapper$ByteBufToJsonObject.call(ViewQueryResponseMapper.java:87)
at com.couchbase.client.java.view.ViewQueryResponseMapper$ByteBufToJsonObject.call(ViewQueryResponseMapper.java:74)
at rx.internal.operators.OperatorMap$1.onNext(OperatorMap.java:54)
at rx.internal.operators.NotificationLite.accept(NotificationLite.java:150)
at rx.internal.operators.OperatorObserveOn$ObserveOnSubscriber.pollQueue(OperatorObserveOn.java:189)
at rx.internal.operators.OperatorObserveOn$ObserveOnSubscriber.access$000(OperatorObserveOn.java:65)
at rx.internal.operators.OperatorObserveOn$ObserveOnSubscriber$2.call(OperatorObserveOn.java:153)
at rx.internal.schedulers.ScheduledAction.run(ScheduledAction.java:47)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.util.IllegalReferenceCountException: refCnt: 0
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.ensureAccessible(AbstractByteBuf.java:1187)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.checkIndex(AbstractByteBuf.java:1138)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.nioBuffer(PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:344)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.toString(AbstractByteBuf.java:964)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.toString(AbstractByteBuf.java:953)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.WrappedByteBuf.toString(WrappedByteBuf.java:762)
at com.couchbase.client.java.transcoder.JsonTranscoder.byteBufToJsonObject(JsonTranscoder.java:89)
at com.couchbase.client.java.view.ViewQueryResponseMapper$ByteBufToJsonObject.call(ViewQueryResponseMapper.java:83)
… 15 more
Caused by: rx.exceptions.OnErrorThrowable$OnNextValue: OnError while emitting onNext value: com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.SimpleLeakAwareByteBuf.class
at rx.exceptions.OnErrorThrowable.addValueAsLastCause(OnErrorThrowable.java:98)
at rx.internal.operators.OperatorMap$1.onNext(OperatorMap.java:56)

Can you try with the freshly released 2.0.3 and see if it still happens?

Also, if it does, it may be worth turning up the log level. @daschl can probably give you more guidance on which classes to up the loglevel on.

I’m getting the same issue as well on client 2.0.3. My view is a map only.

I upgraded to 2.0.3 yesterday in hopes to alleviate the following message:

“LEAK: ByteBuf.release() was not called before it’s garbage-collected. Enable advanced leak reporting to find out where the leak occurred. To enable advanced leak reporting, specify the JVM option ‘-Dcom.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.leakDetectionLevel=advanced’ or call ResourceLeakDetector.setLevel()”

2.0.3 seems to get rid of the LEAK, but I’m now sporadically seeing the message:

“com.couchbase.client.java.error.TranscodingException: Could not decode View JSON.”

A quick search seems to point to line 104: https://github.com/couchbase/couchbase-java-client/blob/master/src/main/java/com/couchbase/client/java/view/ViewQueryResponseMapper.java

I will try bumping to level DEBUG and see if can get some details.

Same issue on my project, and fixed it by downgrading to 2.0.1 of Java SDK

@nikkki, @jmarchesini would you mind to share more infos about how your view looks like and what should be returned from the server under this condition?

Thanks

My view is super simple as just one line of emit(doc.user_id,meta.id);, and I got this error with 2.0.3 when I was querying with this simple view as development view and development subset of data. And I’m using official Amazon image of community version 3.0.0

@daschl I’m getting this error intermittently. I have a job running in the Quartz scheduler, which succeeds on some occasions and fails on others. I’m using CB server 3.0.2 on Windows, with Java 1.7.0_25-b17 on Java HotSpot 64-bit VM build 23.25-b01 mixed mode.

I’m pasting the views that execute during the job run. Not sure exactly which view is causing the error - I’ve added some stack trace logging and will reply again once I nail it down:

function (doc, meta) {
    if (doc.type && doc.type == "user-property") {
        var json = doc.value;

if (json.Key == "timezone") {
            emit(json.Value, doc.user_id);
        }
    }
}

function (doc, meta) {
    if (doc.type && doc.type == "notification-setting") {
        var json = doc.value;

if (json.IntervalType == 1) {
            emit(doc.user_id, json.EventNotificationType);
        }
    }
}

function (doc, meta) {
   if (doc.type && doc.type == "activity-log-notification") {
     var json = doc.value;

if (json.Event == 1 || json.Event == 2) {
       emit(doc.user_id, meta.id);
     }
   }
 }

My calling code (in Scala):

val viewResults = CouchbaseConnection.bucket.query(ViewQuery.from(designDoc, viewName).stale(Stale.FALSE))

Today, I got a WARN messages just before the Decode exception. Not sure if this is related or a red herring, but this happened a few millis before the exception:

com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: index: 512 (expected: range(0, 512))

com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: index: 512 (expected: range(0, 512))
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:99)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec.channelRead(MessageToMessageCodec.java:111)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:308)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:294)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:182)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.channelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:147)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:308)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:294)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:846)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:130)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:511)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:468)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:382)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:354)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:116)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: index: 512 (expected: range(0, 512))
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.checkIndex(AbstractByteBuf.java:1123)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.getByte(AbstractByteBuf.java:338)
at com.couchbase.client.core.endpoint.view.ViewHandler.parseViewRows(ViewHandler.java:373)
at com.couchbase.client.core.endpoint.view.ViewHandler.parseQueryResponse(ViewHandler.java:275)
at com.couchbase.client.core.endpoint.view.ViewHandler.decodeResponse(ViewHandler.java:189)
at com.couchbase.client.core.endpoint.view.ViewHandler.decodeResponse(ViewHandler.java:66)
at com.couchbase.client.core.endpoint.AbstractGenericHandler.decode(AbstractGenericHandler.java:152)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec$2.decode(MessageToMessageCodec.java:81)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:89)
… 16 more

@jmarchesini thanks for sharing, I’ll start on reproducing this right now.

1 Like

@jmarchesini looking at your and @ohassidi stacks this seems to be different issues. I’ll try to reproduce either of them.

Actually I think @ohassidi’s issue was fixed in 2.0.3 through https://github.com/couchbase/couchbase-java-client/commit/e59819aeb2e85bf21154ac35b6b5bbff3ca86e95. Now looking at the other one.

@nikkki which is the exact error you are getting with 2.0.3?

I don’t have the logs when I posted here few days ago, but now I’m having exact error as the original poster had, and I’m using core-1.1.0 and client-2.1.0 that I just compiled from master branch of their git repos:

com.couchbase.client.java.error.TranscodingException: Could not decode View JSON.
	at com.couchbase.client.java.view.ViewQueryResponseMapper$ByteBufToJsonObject.call(ViewQueryResponseMapper.java:104)
	at com.couchbase.client.java.view.ViewQueryResponseMapper$ByteBufToJsonObject.call(ViewQueryResponseMapper.java:91)
	at rx.internal.operators.OperatorObserveOn$ObserveOnSubscriber.pollQueue(OperatorObserveOn.java:189)
	at rx.internal.operators.OperatorObserveOn$ObserveOnSubscriber.access$000(OperatorObserveOn.java:65)
	at rx.internal.operators.OperatorObserveOn$ObserveOnSubscriber$2.call(OperatorObserveOn.java:153)
	at rx.internal.schedulers.ScheduledAction.run(ScheduledAction.java:45)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
Caused by: com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.util.IllegalReferenceCountException: refCnt: 0
	at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.ensureAccessible(AbstractByteBuf.java:1178)
	at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.checkIndex(AbstractByteBuf.java:1129)
	at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.nioBuffer(PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:344)
	at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.toString(AbstractByteBuf.java:960)
	at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.toString(AbstractByteBuf.java:949)
	at com.couchbase.client.java.transcoder.JsonTranscoder.byteBufToJsonObject(JsonTranscoder.java:89)
	at com.couchbase.client.java.view.ViewQueryResponseMapper$ByteBufToJsonObject.call(ViewQueryResponseMapper.java:100)
	... 14 more
Caused by: rx.exceptions.OnErrorThrowable$OnNextValue: OnError while emitting onNext value: com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.class
	... 12 more

And my JSON is not small in size

@nikkki hm thanks for confirming. What code did you run to reproduce this?

@nikkki can you try with the latest masters (both core-io and java-client)? I think the off by one error is fixed, maybe this has also fixed the other issue. I at least couldn’t reproduce it anymore here. Thanks!

@daschl - I’m also getting the same exception as the original poster. The trace I posted yesterday (IndexOutOfBounds) was actually a WARN message that occurred milliseconds before the “com.couchbase.client.java.error.TranscodingException: Could not decode View JSON.”

Not sure that the two are related.

Sorry for the confusion.

@jmarchesini they could be very much related. Note that we are planning a 2.1.0-dp today, mainly for people to try out our new N1QL DP4 compatibility, but it also includes this change - if you want to give it a shot and see if it’s gone.

If you’re curious, check out: https://github.com/couchbase/couchbase-jvm-core/commit/0e571c4039c8ae9a2ac6a9addcc4f4ace1961bb7#diff-0a09d15f4bb53ac17bad63b18db3e817L378

@daschl I tried latest code of both core-jvm and java-client, but still got same error:

2015-01-16 22:16:35,571 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  com.couchbase.client.core.CouchbaseCore- CoreEnvironment: {sslEnabled=false, sslKeystoreFile='null', sslKeystorePassword='null', queryEnabled=false, queryPort=8093, bootstrapHttpEnabled=true, bootstrapCarrierEnabled=true, bootstrapHttpDirectPort=8091, bootstrapHttpSslPort=18091, bootstrapCarrierDirectPort=11210, bootstrapCarrierSslPort=11207, ioPoolSize=2, computationPoolSize=2, responseBufferSize=16384, requestBufferSize=16384, kvServiceEndpoints=1, viewServiceEndpoints=1, queryServiceEndpoints=1, ioPool=NioEventLoopGroup, coreScheduler=CoreScheduler, packageNameAndVersion=couchbase-java-client/2.1.0-SNAPSHOT (git: 2.0.2-27-gcb5319c), dcpEnabled=false}
2015-01-16 22:16:35,571 [localhost-startStop-1] DEBUG com.couchbase.client.core.CouchbaseCore- Diagnostics {
  gc.ps marksweep.collectionCount=4,
  gc.ps marksweep.collectionTime=1118,
  gc.ps scavenge.collectionCount=17,
  gc.ps scavenge.collectionTime=1225,
  heap.pendingFinalize=0,
  heap.used=init = 122611968(119738K) used = 440246744(429928K) committed = 772276224(754176K) max = 1744830464(1703936K),
  mem.physical.free=4577026048,
  mem.physical.total=7847165952,
  mem.swap.free=0,
  mem.swap.total=0,
  mem.virtual.comitted=3716177920,
  offHeap.used=init = 24576000(24000K) used = 92066800(89908K) committed = 100990976(98624K) max = 224395264(219136K),
  proc.cpu.time=64150000000,
  runtime.name=15656@ip-172-30-2-176,
  runtime.spec=Oracle Corporation/Java Virtual Machine Specification: 1.7,
  runtime.startTime=1421446559001,
  runtime.sysProperties={java.vm.version=24.65-b04, java.vendor.url=http://java.oracle.com/, sun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8, java.vm.info=mixed mode, user.dir=/usr/share/tomcat7, sun.cpu.isalist=, java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment, sun.os.patch.level=unknown, catalina.useNaming=true, java.io.tmpdir=/var/cache/tomcat7/temp, sun.nio.ch.bugLevel=, user.home=/usr/share/tomcat7, java.awt.printerjob=sun.print.PSPrinterJob, java.version=1.7.0_65, file.encoding.pkg=sun.io, package.access=sun.,org.apache.catalina.,org.apache.coyote.,org.apache.jasper.,org.apache.naming.resources.,org.apache.tomcat., java.vendor.url.bug=http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/, file.encoding=UTF-8, sun.java.command=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start, line.separator=
, java.vm.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation, java.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager, tomcat.util.buf.StringCache.byte.enabled=true, catalina.home=/usr/share/tomcat7, java.vm.vendor=Oracle Corporation, java.class.path=:/usr/share/tomcat7/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/tomcat7/bin/tomcat-juli.jar:/usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar, sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle, user.language=en, os.arch=amd64, user.name=tomcat, java.runtime.version=1.7.0_65-mockbuild_2014_09_18_00_28-b00, sun.boot.class.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/lib/resources.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/lib/jce.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/lib/rhino.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/classes, package.definition=sun.,java.,org.apache.catalina.,org.apache.coyote.,org.apache.jasper.,org.apache.naming.,org.apache.tomcat., sun.cpu.endian=little, tomcat.util.scan.DefaultJarScanner.jarsToSkip=bootstrap.jar,commons-daemon.jar,tomcat-juli.jar,annotations-api.jar,el-api.jar,jsp-api.jar,servlet-api.jar,websocket-api.jar,catalina.jar,catalina-ant.jar,catalina-ha.jar,catalina-tribes.jar,jasper.jar,jasper-el.jar,ecj-*.jar,tomcat-api.jar,tomcat-util.jar,tomcat-coyote.jar,tomcat-dbcp.jar,tomcat-jni.jar,tomcat-spdy.jar,tomcat-i18n-en.jar,tomcat-i18n-es.jar,tomcat-i18n-fr.jar,tomcat-i18n-ja.jar,tomcat-juli-adapters.jar,catalina-jmx-remote.jar,catalina-ws.jar,tomcat-jdbc.jar,tools.jar,commons-beanutils*.jar,commons-codec*.jar,commons-collections*.jar,commons-dbcp*.jar,commons-digester*.jar,commons-fileupload*.jar,commons-httpclient*.jar,commons-io*.jar,commons-lang*.jar,commons-logging*.jar,commons-math*.jar,commons-pool*.jar,jstl.jar,geronimo-spec-jaxrpc*.jar,wsdl4j*.jar,ant.jar,ant-junit*.jar,aspectj*.jar,jmx.jar,h2*.jar,hibernate*.jar,httpclient*.jar,jmx-tools.jar,jta*.jar,log4j.jar,log4j-1*.jar,mail*.jar,slf4j*.jar,xercesImpl.jar,xmlParserAPIs.jar,xml-apis.jar,junit.jar,junit-*.jar,hamcrest*.jar,org.hamcrest*.jar,ant-launcher.jar,cobertura-*.jar,asm-*.jar,dom4j-*.jar,icu4j-*.jar,jaxen-*.jar,jdom-*.jar,jetty-*.jar,oro-*.jar,servlet-api-*.jar,tagsoup-*.jar,xmlParserAPIs-*.jar,xom-*.jar, awt.toolkit=sun.awt.X11.XToolkit, sun.boot.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/lib/amd64, common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar, java.home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre, java.vm.name=OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, java.endorsed.dirs=, sun.management.compiler=HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers, java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory, java.runtime.name=OpenJDK Runtime Environment, org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.jarsToSkip=, catalina.base=/usr/share/tomcat7, java.util.logging.config.file=/usr/share/tomcat7/conf/logging.properties, java.library.path=/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib, file.separator=/, shared.loader=, java.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation, org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig.jarsToSkip=tomcat7-websocket.jar, java.vm.specification.version=1.7, server.loader=, sun.java.launcher=SUN_STANDARD, user.timezone=UTC, os.name=Linux, path.separator=:, java.ext.dirs=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.65.x86_64/jre/lib/ext:/usr/java/packages/lib/ext, sun.arch.data.model=64, java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification, os.version=3.14.19-17.43.amzn1.x86_64, user.country=US, java.class.version=51.0, java.vendor=Oracle Corporation, java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification, java.specification.version=1.7, java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.apache.naming},
  runtime.uptime=36570,
  runtime.vm=Oracle Corporation/OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM: 24.65-b04,
  sys.cpu.loadAvg=0.92,
  sys.cpu.num=2,
  sys.os.arch=amd64,
  sys.os.name=Linux,
  sys.os.version=3.14.19-17.43.amzn1.x86_64,
  thread.count=46,
  thread.peakCount=46,
  thread.startedCount=48
}
	at com.couchbase.client.java.view.ViewQueryResponseMapper$ByteBufToJsonObject.call(ViewQueryResponseMapper.java:104)
	at com.couchbase.client.java.view.ViewQueryResponseMapper$ByteBufToJsonObject.call(ViewQueryResponseMapper.java:91)
	at rx.internal.schedulers.ScheduledAction.run(ScheduledAction.java:45)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
	at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.ensureAccessible(AbstractByteBuf.java:1178)
	at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.checkIndex(AbstractByteBuf.java:1129)
	at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.toString(AbstractByteBuf.java:960)
	at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.toString(AbstractByteBuf.java:949)
	at com.couchbase.client.java.view.ViewQueryResponseMapper$ByteBufToJsonObject.call(ViewQueryResponseMapper.java:100)
	... 14 more
Caused by: rx.exceptions.OnErrorThrowable$OnNextValue: OnError while emitting onNext value: com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.buffer.PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.class
	... 12 more

Or should I also upgrade my rx lib when I upgraded the core-jvm and java-client libs?

I upgraded the rx lib from 1.0.0 to currently highest version 1.0.4, but still get this “cannot decode view json” error, and it disappeared once I downgraded core-io and java-client to 2.0.1. Another thing I did is that I added a line of “LOGGER.info(“buf:”,byteBuf.toString(CharsetUtil.UTF_8));” before TRANSCODER.byteBufToJsonObject() is called in line 102 in ViewQueryResponseMapper.java to see exactly what the content is that cannot be decoded, but unfortunately I could only see “buf:” followed by nothing in my log file(means that byteBuf.toString() returned nothing).
But I remember version 2.0.1 of core-io has the issue of big chunk of data…