Ssl connection error in 3.0.1 Community Edition

I am trying to use ssl in the 3.0.1 Community Edition (build-1444) with the 2.0.1 Java sdk. I am getting this error

Nov 05, 2014 11:01:12 AM com.couchbase.client.core.CouchbaseCore
INFO: CoreEnvironment: {sslEnabled=true, sslKeystoreFile=‘clientKey.jks’, sslKeystorePassword=‘password’, queryEnabled=false, queryPort=8093, bootstrapHttpEnabled=true, bootstrapCarrierEnabled=true, bootstrapHttpDirectPort=8091, bootstrapHttpSslPort=18091, bootstrapCarrierDirectPort=11210, bootstrapCarrierSslPort=11207, ioPoolSize=8, computationPoolSize=8, responseBufferSize=16384, requestBufferSize=16384, kvServiceEndpoints=1, viewServiceEndpoints=1, queryServiceEndpoints=1, ioPool=NioEventLoopGroup, coreScheduler=CoreScheduler, packageNameAndVersion=couchbase-java-client/2.0.1-SNAPSHOT-b0921ce (git: 2.0.0-16-gb0921ce-dirty)}
Nov 05, 2014 11:01:14 AM com.couchbase.client.core.endpoint.AbstractEndpoint$2 operationComplete
WARNING: [null][KeyValueEndpoint]: Could not connect to endpoint, retrying with delay 2ms:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information: at-tools-vm1/10.83.3.11:11207
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:712)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doFinishConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:208)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:287)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:528)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:468)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:382)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:354)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:116)
at com.couchbase.client.deps.io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

If I run the same connection code on a machine running 3.0.0 Enterprise Edition (build-1209) the connection happens with no errors. Also if I turn off ssl I can connect to community edition. Is there a bug in the community edition that was fixed in the enterprise?

Hi!

SSL on the server is only supported in the Enterprise Edition, that explains why you see the effect. If it fails on EE as well let us know!