When I restored data from EBS snapshots to an EC2 instance, the Couchbase UI can't load the data from the disk. I can find all the bitbucket folders in '/opt/couchbase/var/lib/couchbase/data'. However, when I goto the 'http://hostname:8091/index.html', it asked me to config a new server (i.e. setup database path, indices path, hostname...).
If I click 'Next' with all the default settings, it returned an error:
Attention - Save request failed because of time out.
My default settings are:
Database Path: /mnt/ebs/db/var/lib/couchbase/data
Indices Path: /mnt/ebs/db/var/lib/couchbase/data
If I changed the two paths to '/opt/couchbase/var/lib/couchbase/data', then it will removed all the data in that directory after I setup the server.
The steps I restored the instance:
1. create a new ec2 instance
2. stop this instance.
3. detach all the volumes attached to it
4. create volumes from the ebs snapshots
5. attached the new volumes to the ec2 instance
6. restart the ec2 instance
How to display the restored buckets in the Couchbase UI? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Did you set an Elastic Ip address when you first started the cluster? Do you still have that Ip address?
I didn't specify the elastic ip. When I restart the new instance,
1. stop the Couchbase server.
2. cd to '/opt/couchbase/var/lib/couchbase/ip_start', and change the public dns to the current instance's public dns.
3. restart the server.
Can I only restore the snapshots to the original ec2 instance which has an elastic ip?