Android RecyclerView itemAnimator problem with LiveQuery

Good morning gentlemen,

I have had success in getting the animations working (Thanks again for that). But I have encountered an interesting anomaly that I thought I would share, and maybe you could comment on.

Since moving from a LiveQuery model to one utilizing standard query and relying on a List array to manage the view. I have encountered some behavior that I guess I took no notice of before. When the user creates a new Document they have to fill in a lot of details (scheduling info, message text, recipient info). I have an option when someone clicks on one of these “Task” documents they can choose to “Clone” it and make minor edits without having to type all that info in every time.

I know the position of the source Document and when they choose the option to “Clone” it I insert the new copy above the original. The animation works perfectly and I can see the new document show up in the proper location.

The “Problem” is that CBLite did not create the Document above the original. It inserted a new Document at the end where it always does, So what I see on the screen (which is what I ultimately want) is not reality. Executing a notifyDataSetChanged(), or exiting the app and coming back, refresh the view to what it is . New Documents should show up at the top (notifyItemInserted(0)) but that suffers the same fate as Clone/Copied Documents.

So at this point I am trying to figure out how to fix this. I suck at Views and Queries, so I am not sure if is something in the View or the Query that is hosed, or if I have to to do something “special” to make sure that CBLite inserts the Document at the location I want it (if thats is even possible). Could someone take a quick look or offer some advice?

I put an excerpt of my MainActivity here:

and Adapter here: