Android RecyclerView itemAnimator problem with LiveQuery

For the immediate time being just to keep things “sane”. Instead of fighting the behavior of CBLite, I inserted a static counter variable into my redrawTaskView() method, and used that as the value passed as notifyItemInserted(mTotalRows) inside my switch statement after the cloneTask().

Now… to the casual observer, the behavior is deliberate. However, I would still like to understand how to better control my query/view relationship to achieve my desired result of being able to copy a Document, and have it appear adjacent to its parent (I hope I am making sense to anyone reading this, if not please let me know).

A possibility I have considered is to use a custom Document ID (_id) or sub-identiier key/value field and use query.setAscending(true). I am reluctant to attempt that solution as it would require me to update every Document in the database after every single add/delete. That kind of overhead even with a mobile app is not elegant or desirable in my opinion, so I am still searching for a better solution. Please respond if able.

Thank you all and have a happy 4th of July.