ANN: Updated Elasticsearch Connector 4.2.3

Hi All,

I’m glad to announce the release of Couchbase Elasticsearch Connector 4.2.3.

This version adds “uncommitted” support for Couchbase collections (uncommitted because the associated config properties are still subject to change).

Release Notes and Downloads | Documentation

Collections are an exciting new feature planned for Couchbase Server 7.0. A collection is essentially a namespace you can use to group documents of the same type together. Invoice documents can live in the “invoices” collection, widget documents in the “widgets” collection, and so on. You can think of a collection like a table in a relational database, except Couchbase doesn’t require all the documents in a collection to have the same structure.

What does this mean for the Elasticsearch connector? Well, if you use collections to organize your documents by type, there can be a 1:1 relationship between a Couchbase collection and an Elasticsearch index. With a single type definition rule, you can tell the connector to replicate all Couchbase documents to the corresponding index in Elasticsearch.

You can also limit the replication to specific collections. For example, if you only care about indexing widget documents, you can tell the connector to stream only the “widgets” collection. This filter gets pushed all the way up to the server, so you’re not wasting network bandwidth on documents you don’t care about.

I hope you’re looking forward to collections as much as I am. Stay tuned for more info as we get closer to the release of Couchbase Server 7.0.

Thanks,
David Nault

2 Likes

Awesome Thanks David