Happy to announce the release of Couchbase Mobile 2.0 Beta 2 (DB23) which includes Couchbase Lite 2.0 Beta 2 and Sync Gateway 2.0 Beta 2. NOTE that Couchbase Lite 2.0 Beta 2 clients require Sync Gateway 2.0 Beta 2. Please refer to the Compatibility matrix for details.
You can download the latest Beta 2 Build from our Downloads page under “Pre-Release” versions : https://www.couchbase.com/downloads
The second beta release includes following major changes -
- Updates to behavior of SaveDocument API and automatic conflict resolution policy. (Related blog).
- Encryption is moved out of 2.0 release
- Replication bug fixes and optimizations
- General performance improvements
We have two versions of the build now - Community Edition (CE) and an Enterprise Edition (EE). Both editions are free to use for development purposes. Enterprise edition has some stipulations when you go production.
The Couchbase Lite 2.0 Beta release is available for iOS(Swift, ObjC), .NET (UWP, Xamarin) and Android platforms . Xamarin will a CE only release in 2.0.
Links to platform specific release notes -
Related Blogs :
- Introducing Queries in Couchbase Lite 2.0
- Introducing Full Text Search in Couchbase Lite 2.0
- Querying Array Collections in Lite
- Replication in Couchbase Mobile 2.0
- Automatic Conflict Resolution in Couchbase Mobile 2.0
- Join Queries in Couchbase Lite 2.0
- Certificate Pinning in Android with Couchbase Mobile 2.0
Sample Apps :
- ToDo App : https://github.com/couchbaselabs/mobile-training-todo/tree/feature/2.0
- Travel Sample App : https://github.com/couchbaselabs/mobile-travel-sample
About Couchbase Mobile 2.0:
Couchbase Mobile 2.0 is a groundbreaking new release for Couchbase Mobile. Key enhancements include a cross-platform common core, new and improved Query API with Full-Text search capabilities, automatic conflict resolution and a new web sockets based replication protocol
About Beta Builds:
Beta release is a way for you to test the latest functionality of a release before it is generally available. These will eventually become production releases with full support when they are stable and features are complete.