Authentification fail to Windows Couchbase Server 5.0.1 build 5003

Hi,

I recently started a Node project with Couchbase and implemented my own promise system for Couchbase. I just found out about couchbase-promises package which seems well implemented but I encounter a weird bug.

I use the same credential as when I was using couchbase offical package (all was running smoothly) but when I try to reuse the exact same credentials with couchbase-promises, I received the following error:
CouchbaseError: Authentication failed. You may have provided an invalid username/password combination.

1. I uninstalled couchbase before installing couchbase-promises => Failure
  2. I retried to query the database with only couchbase package on my Couchbase Server 5.0.1 => Success
  3. I tried both couchbase and couchbase-promises on an other Couchbase Server (Linux 4.5.1-2844 Community Edition (build-2844)) with the same query but other credentials => Success in both cases
  4. I retried to query with couchbase and couchbase-promises on Couchbase server Windows => Success with couchbase package but not couchbase-promises

I always receive the Authentication Failed error in case of failure.

Here is the issue on the couchbase-promises github.

Thank you for taking the time to read the issue \o/

Node: 8.9.4
Couchbase server: 5.0.1 build 5003 Windows
couchbase-promises: ^4.3.0

This is likely related to authentication changes in 5.0 and the lack of direct support for the new authenticator. Please read the 5.0 docs on changes. Note that you can make 5.x behave like 4.x by adding a user with the same name as the bucket.

Thank you for the answer \o/
I tried using the same bucket name and user but it doesn’t seem to work.
It appears that the drivers on the package couchbase-promises needs an update. It should come in the near futur according to one of the developper.

I’ll keep you up-to-date for anything new.

Thank you again for your time