Basic server configuration through a config file (static_config)

Hi there,

I’m trying to automate some basic Couchbase Server installation and configuration steps.
Installation through your favorite Package Manager is trivial (apt-get in my case). But then I’d like to have a very basic configuration options specified through a config file to don’t repeat same actions in the Web Console for every single node.
By basic configuration options I mean the following:

• Databases Path
  • Indexes Path
  • Default value for Data RAM Quota
  • Default value for Index RAM Quota
  • Logging configuration: levels and rotation policy

I found /opt/couchbase/etc/couchbase/static_config config file, which seems covering some of what I listed above, but I can’t find a proper documentation for this file. For example, I tried to set path_config_bindir option, but still see the same default path in the Web Console: /opt/couchbase/var/lib/couchbase/data after restarting the server.
Log rotation politics are very vaguely described under Troubleshooting/System Logs without even mentioning where to do these changes (static_config I assume).

Is there a config file for Couchbase Server I can use?

Was a solution provided? I would like to accomplish the same thing and I rather not re-invent the wheel.

Thanks.

Use the couchbase-cli to do the configuration as part of the cluster or node installation.

Couchbase SDKs
node-init
cluster-init