Bucket views won't refresh with just 186 records

I’m working on a project with a Couchbase store, and earlier it was working fine but when I added a bunch of items to the project’s main Couchbase bucket I ran into problems. The items in the bucket only number 186, but the views associated with this bucket are refusing to refresh.

If I attempt to query the main view with stale: false, the the attempt will fail with a “Maximum call stack size exceeded” message. (I’ve appended the actual error message at the end of this question.)

The only thing I can do that will cause a view to refresh is to re-save its code. When I do that the changes made to the bucket are manifested in the view and I can successfully query it with stale: false. If I make any changes, though, the “Maximum call stack size exceeded” will return until I save the view code again.

I don’t think my system resources could be the issue; the admin interface tells me that the system is using 30.8 of its 384MB RAM quota. The total RAM usage hovers around 55-60% after the system has been under heavy use.

I do have 10 different views in two design documents associated with this bucket, and some of these views potentially produce multiple entries per entry in the main bucket. I don’t know if this could be part of the problem.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? Thanks for any help. The error message I got when trying to query the view with stale: false is below.

from: http://127.0.0.1:8092/test_bucket/_design/dev_find/_view/test?stale=false&startkey=%5B%22s5rVhsGxG%22%2C+null%5D&endkey=%5B%22s5rVhsGxG%22%2C+%7B%7D%5D&connection_timeout=60000&limit=10&skip=0 reason: error ({{nocatch,{error,<>}}, [{couch_set_view_group,'-init_group/3-fun-3-',7}, {couch_btree,'-write_node/3-lc$^0/1-0-',5}, {couch_btree,'-write_node/3-lc$^0/1-0-',5}, {couch_btree,write_node,3}, {couch_btree,modify_node,8}, {couch_btree,query_modify_raw,4}, {couch_set_view_updater_helper,update_btree_loop,11}, {couch_set_view_updater_helper,update_btree,5}]})