Bug found in Couchbase Lite v1.20. Where and how to properly report?

Hi,

I use CBL in an Android App. CBL version is 1.20. Only one line log output:

A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x0 in tid 17307 (CBLRequestWorke)

This error persists after restarts. It crashes after every restart. How (set Couchbase logging to verbose?) and where (here, Github, …) can I report the bug?

Regards, Ben

Another person will have to let you know about the logging, but if you can reliably reproduce it then by all means file a github issue on the appropriate repo (probably couchbase-lite-java-core, unless you are sure that it is an Android specific bug). However, you will need to provide more information than this log line (for example, what is your application doing when the crash happens, etc).

Hi @benjamin_glatzeder,

Could you please submit the ticket from https://github.com/couchbase/couchbase-lite-java-core/issues ? Does it also print additional crash information to logcat? if yes, please post it too. Also, please provide Android version, device information, storage engine type, reproduce steps, etc.

Regards,
Hideki

Error occured yesterday once, and then I reproduced it once more. This morning I was unable to reproduce it. Sorry for the noise.

This was my setup:
CBL 1.2 with Forest-DB
Android 6.x, Nexus 5
No additional error log, stacktrace, just this one line