Build error cb-4.5.0 with private repos

Hi folks,

I’m trying to build my own cb-4.5.0 version for testing MDS feature, but I faced with several errors with private repos.

The building process issued and errors:

repo init -u git://github.com/couchbase/manifest.git -m released/4.5.0.xml
repo sync -j4
make -j4 PRODUCT_VERSION=4.5.0 BUILD_ENTERPRISE=test-mds

[ 96%] Built target minify
[ 96%] Built target memcached
Scanning dependencies of target memcached_testapp
../../../../../../goproj/src/github.com/couchbase/query/datastore/couchbase/get_inferencer_ee.go:22:2: cannot find package "github.com/couchbase/cbq-gui/inferencer" in any of:
	/home/couchbase/.cbdepscache/exploded/x86_64/go-1.4.2/go/src/github.com/couchbase/cbq-gui/inferencer (from $GOROOT)
	/home/couchbase/couchbase-4.5.0/goproj/src/github.com/couchbase/cbq-gui/inferencer (from $GOPATH)
	/home/couchbase/couchbase-4.5.0/godeps/src/github.com/couchbase/cbq-gui/inferencer
[ 96%] -- @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
-- @ 'go install' failed! Re-running as 'go build' to help debug...
-- @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
[ 96%] Building CXX object memcached/tests/testapp/CMakeFiles/memcached_testapp.dir/__/__/daemon/ssl_utils.cc.o
Building CXX object memcached/tests/testapp/CMakeFiles/memcached_testapp.dir/__/__/utilities/subdoc_encoder.cc.o
WORK=/tmp/go-build440697242
../../../../../../goproj/src/github.com/couchbase/query/datastore/couchbase/get_inferencer_ee.go:22:2: cannot find package "github.com/couchbase/cbq-gui/inferencer" in any of:
	/home/couchbase/.cbdepscache/exploded/x86_64/go-1.4.2/go/src/github.com/couchbase/cbq-gui/inferencer (from $GOROOT)
	/home/couchbase/couchbase-4.5.0/goproj/src/github.com/couchbase/cbq-gui/inferencer (from $GOPATH)
	/home/couchbase/couchbase-4.5.0/godeps/src/github.com/couchbase/cbq-gui/inferencer
CMake Error at /home/couchbase/couchbase-4.5.0/tlm/cmake/Modules/go-install.cmake:84 (MESSAGE):
  Failed running go install

Is there any way to skip these private repos within building process?

Thanks!
JF

It looks like the build is trying to pull in an EE-only file: couchbase/query/datastore/couchbase/get_inferencer_ee.go I suggest you look at the CMake files for the query component and change so they pull in the CE version of that file.

Thanks @drigby

I managed to solve this error by removing get_inferencer_ee.go file and by changing the +build flag on:

~/goproj/src/github.com/couchbase/query/datastore/couchbase/get_inferencer_ce.go

1 Like