CB Lite.net DB023

I’m checking out the new DB023 (Beta 2) build. I am using the .Enterprise version. I am seeing the SQLCipher encryption has been removed. The rel notes confirm it: https://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/mobile/2.0/references/couchbase-lite/release-notes/index.html

Can I assume that the 2.0 GA will not support whole DB encryption ?

Yes, there are some issues with encryption that we need to address before including it in a release. It is scheduled to be added back in 2.1, but not with SQLCipher. Some business decisions forced us to move to a different implementation.

Hi borrrden,
I also realized that the feature went missing. Will it come back as a paid feature? How much will it cost? I have seen those flags “COUCHBASE_ENTERPRISE_FUTURE” in your test cases.

#if COUCHBASE_ENTERPRISE_FUTURE
var key = new EncryptionKey(“key”);
builder2.EncryptionKey = key;
#endif

And when will 2.1 be released? I was using the encryption function as part of my login process for offline users. If I don’t find another way to implement this, this now became a show stopper for me. :frowning:

Yes, encryption is a paid feature as of 2.0. I don’t know how much it costs, that’s a question for the sales team :slight_smile: . 2.1 is scheduled very quickly after 2.0 (which is currently undergoing QE on the candidate builds) to the tune of a couple months from now.

Thanks for your quick reply! Will wait for the sales team… :wink: