Changes latency

Hi

If I sync two iOS devices via a sync gateway on the local network the latency is quite low to transfer a document between them, certain less than a second, but if I am watching a changes feed using the rest api and add a document, also using the rest api, then it takes roughly four seconds to appear in the changes.

Why is this?

I want to use a changes feed a bit like a message queue for dispatching events but this is just too slow. I would like to avoid setting up a parallel service if possible. Is there anything I do anything to reduce this latency?

Thanks

P

Hi can you provide a bit more detail please - Are youwrapping the entire block of data to be sync-ed each time ?

Hi Paul,

You shouldn’t see slower response time when calling _changes on the REST API than you do from the iOS devices - the iOS devices are using the same REST API for replication.

Can you share some more specifics about the REST API calls you’re making?

Thanks,
Adam

Hi,

No I’m just adding a single small doc and its taking a while to appear in changes

P

Hi Adam,

I have reconfigured my dev server so I might have just broken the whole thing somehow and made everything slow. I will test with iOS clients tomorrow to check.

Thanks

Paul