Client timeout error

I have a node app and couchbase setup on AWS and I’m able to connect to it:

`var cluster = new couchbase.Cluster(couchbaseConfig.clusterConnection);
var countBucket = cluster.openBucket(couchbaseConfig.counterBucketName, couchbaseConfig.pw);

No errors.

But when the following code gets executed:

counterBucket.counter('userDocuments', 1, {initial: 0}, function(err, result) { debug('userDocuments %o', err); })

I get the following error:

{ [CouchbaseError: Client-Side timeout exceeded for operation. Inspect network conditions or increase the timeout] message: 'Client-Side timeout exceeded for operation. Inspect network conditions or increase the timeout', code: 23 }

Please help.

A Devops guy gave me the solution that I hope will be helpful to others. The node sdk attempts to connect to the bucket through port 11210.

i have clone your Github couchbase/kubernetes Project GitHub - couchbase/kubernetes: Deprecated. Please use the Couchbase Autonomous Operator and i use it.
But I have a problem. I have an Google Cloud Cluster with 3 VM Wares one Vmware has 4CPU and 7,5GB Ram. I use the Couchbase Commity Edition 4.0.0. When i scale the couchbase-controller to 3 nodes. The sync-gateway works fine but i can’t connect to a bucket over node or java. i get the following Error: Error CouchbaseError: Client-Side timeout exceeded for operation. Inspect network conditions or increase the timeout. When i use one node with no replicas it works. The Firewall rules are set with port 11210, 8091, 8092. i tried to connect to port 11210 but it doesn’t work. Can anyone help me?

this is my code:

var couchbase = require(“couchbase”);
var cluster = new couchbase.Cluster(‘couchbase://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:11210’);
var bucket = cluster.openBucket(‘service’, function(err) {
if (err) {
throw err;
}else {
console.log(“Successfully opened bucket”);
bucket.operationTimeout=500*1000
bucket.get(‘1234’ , function(err, result) {
if (err) {
throw err;
}
var doc = result.value;
console.log(doc.name );
});
}

});

Error Message: CouchbaseError: Client-Side timeout exceeded for operation. Inspect network conditions or increase the timeout