Corruption from PHP client when compression is enabled

Yes, we did think up and, disabling the compression could not replicate the issue anymore. I am going to test it tonight and tomorrow, and let you know if the corruption happen again.

I am still availbale for any investigation you may want to do on our servers so that you could resolve this issue as fast as possible for all Couchbase users and clients.

BTW, if you want to take this thread out or hide it, to not affect the Couchbase branding I am all for it

Naah. We’ll leave it up. We do a lot of work to make sure these things don’t happen, but sometimes they do. No need to hide that when it does, we react accordingly.

1 Like

Hi all,

We are experiencing the same problem, with the nodejs sdk and couchbase server EE 6.6.3

Our current configuration regarding the compression is the following :

Capture d’écran 2021-11-09 à 16.34.34

Would you advise to disable the compression in order to get rid of this bug ? Is this bug tracked to be fixed by the CB team ?
Thanks,
Jérémie

Hi Jeremie,

We have “fixed” this by dissabling compression on the client side by adding compression=off to the connection string.

On the bucket side we keep it as passive as you have in your attached image

I am not aware of the problem being solved by Couchbase. Let’s see what they asnwer related to this

Hi flaviu, thanks for your answer !

We are in touch with the CB support team, I’ll let you know if this is something they are aware of and working on.