Couchbase 2.0.1 performance when re-balancing

I’ve recently attempted to upgrade from Couchbase 1.8.0 to 2.0.1 but after the upgrade I’ve noticed that a rebalance takes approximately 25 minutes on Couchbase 2.0.1 (900MB for the assigned to the server, with 3 Couchbase buckets - 2 with 300MB and one with 128MB) whereas on 1.8.0 with the same setup and with the same amount of data in the buckets takes approximately 7 minutes. Is there any explanation as to why a rebalance takes significantly longer in 2.0.1?

I have noticed that Issue also. the bean.smp takes its sweet time to rebalancing and write to coucdb.

Hello,

You are right the rebalance in Couchbase server 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 is slower than 1.8. This is a known fact that we are improving as we speak for the released 2.0.2.

One of the reason is the fact that the persistence layer has been totally recreated in 2.0.x, new storage that use append only file, compaction and indexing. This is one of the reason it is slower. And as I said we are fixing that as we speak.

Regards

Hi tgrall,

Thanks for the update. I’ll look forward to 2.0.2.

That is good news. I’ve noticed very small buckets take much longer than you would expect to rebalance-- especially when they only have a few megs of data in them.