I have a scenario to get confirmation. Your immediate response will be highly appreciated.
1. I have two CB clusters. One is the production, another one is an empty backup cluster with the same configuration of production.
2. Took backup of the production Couchbase and restored to the backup Couchbase
3. I did some modifications in the documents in the backup Couchbase(some documents deleted, some updated)
4. Meanwhile few new documents were created in the production Couchbase
5. I want to restore the new documents to the backup Couchbase.
What would be the efficient way to restore the newly created documents in Production Couchbase into backup Couchbase?
Option 1: Enable XDCR in production Couchbase to backup Couchbase.
Option 2: Take production back up again and restore to backup Couchbase.
My output should be, only new/updated documents in the production server are expected to reflect in the backup Couchbase. I want to retain the changes/deletion I have done in the backup server.
Note: The changed/deleted documents in backup won’t get updated further in production.