We just upgraded Couchbase from 3.x to 6.0.4. I’ll try to give a short story of the steps that were done to see if something I did was not intended or should be avoided since I have all the backup and can restart.
- CB 3.1.2 was installed using non-sudo/non-root mode (using rpm2cpio command);
- I did a cbbackup of the data on 3.x and also a tar.gz on the config folder;
- I installed CB 4.x (using rpm2cpio in a different folder [did all the commands detailed in the installation guide])
- Booted CB up, went all good and web UI presents the option to “create or join to a cluster”;
- I shutdown the CB 4.x and proceed to swap the config folder of CB 4.x from the CB 3.x
- I initiate CB 4.X again and the web UI presents now the form to login, where i am able to login and see the buckets (which are empty), then i use cbrestore of the data, and the data is now visible in the web UI
- CB 4.x is working fine as expected so i do a
cbbackupof the data, shut down CB and make a tar.gz of the config folder.
Steps 3 to 6 are repeated but for installation of CB 5.x, and then swap/
cbrestoreis from what was done in step 7.
- Everything is working as expectedin CB 5.x, web ui presents everything;
- I try to replicate the same steps (3-6) for CB 6.0.4 and the webpage UI is not working, but the service and cb commands are responsive.
- As an alternative I also tried in top of previous installation of CB 5.x to use
rpm -U installer.rpm --relocate /opt/couchbase=/opt/SP/mz/couchbaseand the result was also the same;
Can you advise what can be the issue for the upgrade from CB 5.x to 6.0.4?