Couchbase 7 Beta

Hi All,
It seems Couchbase 7 beta is released and defining feature of couchbase 7 is collection support.
When can we see the spring data couchbase and its reactive counterpart to support collections?

Also I would like to know changes happening to primary index and secondary index when collections are introduced?
It seems secondary indexes based on ‘class=com.aaaa.bbbb.ClassName’ are no longer required.

Are we going to get default indexing on primary key in this case?

Please calrify

Thanks
Isuru

@mreiche / @deniswsrosa can you please assist ?

Hi IIsuru,

That is a very good observation. This feature has no date yet to be released in the Spring Data Couchbase SDK, but it will be naturally supported in the near future.

@deniswsrosa
Thanks for the reply.Could you please draw your attention to below forum post on already released libraries?

1 Like

When can we see the spring data couchbase and its reactive counterpart to support collections?

It’s something I’m working on now, I don’t have a specific date as it depends on other things. If you would like to open a tracking issue, I can keep y0u informed of how things progress. Error - Spring JIRA

Also I would like to know changes happening to primary index and secondary index when collections are introduced?

Changes, if any, will be described in a migration guide.

It seems secondary indexes based on ‘class=com.aaaa.bbbb.ClassName’ are no longer required.

Although being a good practice, a secondary index was never required. It always falls back to the primary index. If _class is no longer used in spring-data-couchbase collections, then of course no index would be required.

Are we going to get default indexing on primary key in this case?

Neither buckets nor collections have “default indexing on primary key”. I don’t expect that to change.

• Mike

@mreiche

If no default primary indexing is happening by default how findById(id) crudRepository method hits the document?PrimaryIndexing not incited/encouraged at production too.
Do we need to create GSI for id manually?
Please clarify
Thanks,
Isuru

Yes, you would need to create GSI index for id explicitly.
Copying @binh.le for more information.

Edit: it may not need GSI index. You will shortly get more accurate information from Binh. Stay tuned.

Thanks all for clarifications.

findById uses the kv api. It doesn’t need an index.

@mreiche Thanks for the correction.