Couchbase Lite 2.0 Database and its document not cleared on logout iOS

Hi ,

I am using CBLite 2.0 in iOS 11.0 , XCode 9.4.1 , swift 4.

On Logout trying to erase couchbase lite db along with document , but its not working .

Here is the code i tried but when i check through the cblite tool it is there .

Code :

func closeDatabaseForCurrentUser() -> Bool {
    do {
        // Get handle to DB  specified path
        stopAllReplicationForCurrentUser()
        try database.close()
        try Database.delete(withName: 'testDb', inDirectory: database.path ?? "")
        return true
    }
    catch {
        return false
    }
}

}

Kindly help me to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

What exceptions do you see ? Its possible that the close itself is throwing an exception and it isn’t even getting to the delete

CouchbaseLite Code=16 “Cannot close the database. Please stop all of the replicators before closing the database.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Cannot close the database. Please stop all of the replicators before closing the database., NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot close the database. Please stop all of the replicators before closing the database.}**

the code to stop the replicator is as follow :

func stopAllReplicationForCurrentUser() {
if let ltoken = listenerToken{
replicator.removeChangeListener(withToken: ltoken)
replicator.stop()
}
if let uLtoken = userListenerToken{
userReplicator.removeChangeListener(withToken: uLtoken)
userReplicator.stop()
}
}
I am calling all replicator to stop but still i am getting the same issue .

Stopping replicators is asynchronous. You need to wait for the replicator to notify the listener that it’s stopped.

so how should i approach , any help could lead to solve my issue.

i did the same way as you implemented in Travel sample , but stil this doesn’t work ? Any help ?

As Jens already mentioned in his post, please wait for the replicator to stop and you can do this by verifying for the status specified through the listener .

After updating in CBlite 2.1 its not working , could you please help.

Then give us information we need to be able to help. What is the code you’re using to stop the replicator? What error do you get? What’s logged?

func stopAllReplicationForCurrentUser() {
    replicator.stop()
    userReplicator.stop()

//STOP REPLICATOR ONE BY ONE
    if let ltoken = listenerToken{
        replicator.removeChangeListener(withToken: ltoken)
    }

if let uLtoken = userListenerToken{
        userReplicator.removeChangeListener(withToken: uLtoken)
    }

if let tokenNA = tokenNextArrivalQuery {
        replicator.removeChangeListener(withToken: tokenNA)
    }

if let tokenIA = tokenInboundArrivalQuery {
        replicator.removeChangeListener(withToken: tokenIA)
    }

if let tokenND = tokenNextDepartureQuery {
        replicator.removeChangeListener(withToken: tokenND)
    }

if let tokenPD = tokenPreviousDepartureQuery {
        replicator.removeChangeListener(withToken: tokenPD)
    }
    print(replicator.status)
    print(userReplicator.status)
    listenerToken = nil
    userListenerToken = nil
    tokenNextArrivalQuery       = nil
    tokenInboundArrivalQuery    = nil
    tokenNextDepartureQuery     = nil
    tokenPreviousDepartureQuery = nil
}

this way i try to stop the replicator .

As I said a month ago, up near the top of the thread:

You need to wait for the replicator to notify the listener that it’s stopped.

You’re still not doing that.

Here’s a high level sketch of what to do:

1. Add a replicator change listener that, when the replicator stops, will unblock the wait in step 3
  2. Call Replicator.stop
  3. Wait
  4. When the replicator stops, the listener will unblock the wait

well thanks for your response , but i tried it and found one java code where it says , need to wait and using timer it do the stuff but in ios its not working , got stuck in same issue , could you help us on this.

It may help you.

First up all, remove all your liveQuery Listeners and then call stop replicator method.

Here is the small snippet of your replication Changelistener.

listener_token = self.replicator?.addChangeListener({ (change) in
            if change.status.activity == .stopped{
                            NotificationCenter.default.post(name: .didCouchbaseStop, object: nil, userInfo: nil)
            }
})

Handle notification method in your ViewController and then redirect to rootViewController.
as Jens mentioned early. it is asynchronous, so you need to rotate a spinner until replication stopped.

1 Like

I tried this way and current status says it gets stopped but after that when i call database.delete() and database.close() , it says : CouchbaseLite Code=16 “Cannot delete the database. Please remove all of the query listeners before deleting the database.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Cannot delete the database. Please remove all of the query listeners before deleting the database., NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot delete the database. Please remove all of the query listeners before deleting the database.}

could anyone help me on this ? ( cblite 2.1 version currently i am using)

inside addchangelistener i got information about change.status == stopped , then only i am deleting the couchbase lite file , but it again saying the same thing

The error you showed is about query listeners, not replications. Did you remove all query listeners?

Yes i tried to remove it by using , _query.removeChangeListner(listnertoken1) but its not working at all

Use a breakpoint or a print statement or something to verify that the listener was actually removed. That error message means you didn’t remove all query listeners.

Also be sure that if you overwrite listenerToken1 with something else, that you either save the original value somewhere or remove it then. Each call to addChangeListener needs a remove call later using the token it generated.

1 Like

I am storing listenertoken ( document listener ) into model and whenever i don’t need , just remove it , whether frequently removing listener token does any impact ( any chance on crash ) ? ,