Couchbase lite 2.0: how to query with an n1ql string

query

Hi, I’m using couchbase lite 2.0 for android, and I would like to query the database with n1ql queries as text, similar to what the java SDK permits mee to do:
N1qlQuery query = N1qlQuery.simple(statement);

At the moment I don’t see that possibility. Am I missing something or is this on the roadmap?

That’s not supported. Both because it would require reimplementing the N1QL parser, and to make the product more supportable — because the type-checked API eliminates lots of N1QL syntax errors and other mistakes (which often result in support tickets from customers.)

Public interface for N1QL string queries

I understand, I’ve written a cordova plugin to use the new couchbase lite 2.0, so this will limit the queries we can do with it…

Under the hood, CBL generates the query in a JSON format and passes that to our query engine. It would be pretty ideal for a JavaScript API to just use that format; unfortunately CBL has no public API to create a Query object directly from JSON.

unfortunately CBL has no public API to create a Query object directly from JSON

Are there any plans to support that? It would be really useful for react native plugin I’m working on.

I’ll bring this to the attention of our project manager @priya.rajagopal :slight_smile:

@jens This would be really helpful. The only feature currently missing in React Native Couchbase Lite 2 plugin is queries.