couchbase-lite-C unable to build library on windows

I am very new to couchbase database, i love couchbase lite specially for its offline data storage features, i am planning to use couchbase-lite-cgo but to build this i need to have build the C library libCouchbaseLiteC

I am unable to build this library With CMake on Windows, i am following the step y step process all mentioned below for detailed understanding if i am missing anything or doing any step wrong, please help me to solve this.

Dependencies which are required to install couchbase-lite-C

My OS: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.657]

Working directory: E:\GOLANG\src\mateors\gpstracker\couchbaselite

gcc --version
gcc (Rev2, Built by MSYS2 project) 9.2.0
Copyright (C) 2019 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

cmake --version
cmake version 3.16.4

make --version
GNU Make 4.3

ICU libraries:
I am using windows i don’t have it (i think its not required for windows)

Step-1:
Clone the repo using the following git command
git clone GitHub - couchbase/couchbase-lite-C: C language bindings for the Couchbase Lite embedded NoSQL database engine

Cloning into ‘couchbase-lite-C’…
remote: Enumerating objects: 148, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (148/148), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (94/94), done.
remote: Total 2444 (delta 62), reused 105 (delta 46), pack-reused 2296
Receiving objects: 100% (2444/2444), 1.35 MiB | 309.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1746/1746), done.

Step-2:
cd /couchbase-lie-C

Step-3:
git checkout -b fix/ci_windows_etc

Step-4:
Check out submodules (recursively)
$ git submodule update --init --recursive

Step-5:
Run the shellscript build.sh using the following command

$ bash build.sh

above command ending with the following output:

E:/GOLANG/src/mateors/gpstracker/couchbaselite/couchbase-lite-C/vendor/couchbase-lite-core/build_cmake/scripts/get_repo
_version.ps1 : File E:\GOLANG\src\mateors\gpstracker\couchbaselite\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\build_cm
ake\scripts\get_repo_version.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more
information, see about_Execution_Policies at https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.
At line:1 char:1

• E:/GOLANG/src/mateors/gpstracker/couchbaselite/couchbase-lite-C/vendo …
  • 

+ CategoryInfo : SecurityError: (:slight_smile: , PSSecurityException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess
– Configuring done
– Generating done
– Build files have been written to: E:/GOLANG/src/mateors/gpstracker/couchbaselite/couchbase-lite-C/build_cmake
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Step-6:
Run the (minimal) test binary at build_cmake/test/CBL_C_Tests -r list

I don’t know how do i run it. This is the first time i am using cmake or make tool.
PLEASE HELP ME STEP BY STEP HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS AND BUILD libCouchbaseLiteC binary from the build

This sort of half Linux half Windows environment is not and never will be a supported environment to build in. The way to build it on Windows is similar to the LiteCore instructions. Basically, use CMake to create a visual studio solution and then build the visual studio solution. Visual Studio 2017+ is required. The last time I checked it was building ok, but this is not a project that is worked on full time.

can you give me a step by step procedure to build this using visual studio 2017+?
i am really struggling to do so…

@borrrden thank you for your reply. can you give a step by step instruction.?

Have you looked at the link @borrrden posted? I’ll paste the info here:

Open the Visual Studio 2015 Developer Command Prompt and navigate to the repo root. Then execute:

* 64-bit build *
cd build_make
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake\bin\cmake.exe" -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" ..

* 32-bit build *
cd build_make
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake\bin\cmake.exe" -G "Visual Studio 14 2015" ..

This will create [a .sln file] in the directory that you can open with Visual Studio.

@jens yes i followed but it did not work for me…i am using GitHub - couchbase/couchbase-lite-C: C language bindings for the Couchbase Lite embedded NoSQL database engine

i am struggling this from last 3 days…please help me

Now i am able to generate build_cmake folder using cmake 3.17 GUI version and getting the following folders and files

after that i am opening CouchbaseLite_C.sln file with Visual Studio 2019 and Build
i am getting following error:

6>Generating Code…
6>Compiling…
6>DefaultLogger.cc
6>Error.cc
6>UnicodeCollator_winapi.cc
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Storage\UnicodeCollator_winapi.cc(64,1): warning C4267: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘int’, possible loss of data
6>Generating Code…
3>BLIPStatic.vcxproj → C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\BLIP-Cpp\Release\BLIPStatic.lib
6>Database.cc
6>SQLiteChooser.c
6>Database.cpp
6>LiteCoreStatic.vcxproj → C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Release\LiteCoreStatic.lib
6>Done building project “LiteCoreStatic.vcxproj”.
13>------ Build started: Project: CouchbaseLiteC, Configuration: Release x64 ------
13>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/CMakeLists.txt
13>empty.cpp
13>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘Release\CouchbaseLiteCStatic.lib’
13>Done building project “CouchbaseLiteC.vcxproj” – FAILED.
14>------ Build started: Project: CBL_C_Tests, Configuration: Release x64 ------
14>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/test/CMakeLists.txt
14>BlobTest_Cpp.cc
14>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\test..\include\cbl\cbl_config.h(19,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘asprintf.h’: No such file or directory
14>CBLTestsMain.cpp
14>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\test..\include\cbl\cbl_config.h(19,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘asprintf.h’: No such file or directory
14>DatabaseTest.cc
14>DatabaseTest_Cpp.cc
14>QueryTest.cc
14>ReplicatorTest.cc
14>Generating Code…
14>Done building project “CBL_C_Tests.vcxproj” – FAILED.
15>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release x64 ------
========== Build: 11 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

how can i get rid of this error and build successfully?

I’m guessing you didn’t initialize + update Git submodules. Check the instructions.

The actual error is happening before that part. I haven’t checked the test program in a while but the actual library is CouchbaseLiteC which complains that it cannot find CouchbaseLiteCStatic which fails to build because of <some error not in the copy paste above>

@jens nope i did initialize + update Git submodules using the following command
git submodule update --init --recursive

correct me if i am wrong.

@borrrden here is the output received from Visual Studeio 2019 build

4>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\src\CBLReplicator_Internal.hh(94,1): error C2440: ‘=’: cannot convert from ‘CBLReplicator::{ctor}::<lambda_36a48f728171184cda6a7d1ba6df5505>’ to ‘C4ReplicatorValidationFunction’
4>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\src\CBLReplicator_Internal.hh(94,1): message : No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
4>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\src\CBLReplicator_Internal.hh(104,1): error C2440: ‘=’: cannot convert from ‘CBLReplicator::{ctor}::<lambda_f4c8083c3780c631a34db981498d0c9e>’ to ‘C4ReplicatorValidationFunction’
4>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\src\CBLReplicator_Internal.hh(104,1): message : No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
4>ConflictResolver.cc
2>gcm.c
2>havege.c
2>hkdf.c
2>hmac_drbg.c
2>md.c
2>md2.c
2>md4.c
2>md5.c
2>memory_buffer_alloc.c
2>nist_kw.c
2>oid.c
2>padlock.c
2>pem.c
3>MessageOut.cc
5>JSONConverter.cc
2>pk.c
2>Generating Code…
4>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\src\CBLReplicator_Internal.hh(94,1): error C2440: ‘=’: cannot convert from ‘CBLReplicator::{ctor}::<lambda_36a48f728171184cda6a7d1ba6df5505>’ to ‘C4ReplicatorValidationFunction’
4>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\src\CBLReplicator_Internal.hh(94,1): message : No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
4>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\src\CBLReplicator_Internal.hh(104,1): error C2440: ‘=’: cannot convert from ‘CBLReplicator::{ctor}::<lambda_f4c8083c3780c631a34db981498d0c9e>’ to ‘C4ReplicatorValidationFunction’
4>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\src\CBLReplicator_Internal.hh(104,1): message : No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
4>Listener.cc
5>JSONDelta.cc
2>Compiling…
2>pk_wrap.c
3>Actor.cc
2>pkcs12.c
4>Util.cc
2>pkcs5.c
2>pkparse.c
2>pkwrite.c
2>platform.c
2>platform_util.c
2>poly1305.c
4>Generating Code…
2>psa_crypto.c
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\Fleece\Core\JSONDelta.cc(456,37): warning C4267: ‘+=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘long’, possible loss of data
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\Fleece\Core\JSONDelta.cc(457,37): warning C4267: ‘+=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘long’, possible loss of data
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\Fleece\Core\JSONDelta.cc(473,41): warning C4267: ‘+=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘long’, possible loss of data
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\Fleece\Core\JSONDelta.cc(479,41): warning C4267: ‘+=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘long’, possible loss of data
2>psa_crypto_se.c
2>psa_crypto_slot_management.c
2>psa_crypto_storage.c
2>psa_its_file.c
2>ripemd160.c
2>rsa.c
3>ActorProperty.cc
2>rsa_internal.c
2>sha1.c
5>Path.cc
2>sha256.c
2>sha512.c
2>threading.c
2>Generating Code…
3>Async.cc
4>Done building project “CouchbaseLiteCStatic.vcxproj” – FAILED.
6>------ Build started: Project: LiteCoreStatic, Configuration: Release x64 ------
5>Pointer.cc
5>SharedKeys.cc
6>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/vendor/couchbase-lite-core/CMakeLists.txt
3>Channel.cc
2>Compiling…
2>timing.c
3>Codec.cc
6>c4Base.cc
2>xtea.c
5>Value+Dump.cc
2>version.c
2>version_features.c
2>error.c
2>everest.c
2>x25519.c
2>Hacl_Curve25519_joined.c
2>Generating Code…
3>Timer.cc
5>Value.cc
3>Headers.cc
6>c4BlobStore.cc
2>mbedcrypto.vcxproj -> C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\mbedtls\crypto\library\Release\mbedcrypto.lib
5>MContext.cc
3>WebSocketImpl.cc
6>c4Certificate.cc
7>------ Build started: Project: mbedx509, Configuration: Release x64 ------
5>HeapArray.cc
6>c4Database.cc
7>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/vendor/couchbase-lite-core/vendor/mbedtls/library/CMakeLists.txt
5>HeapDict.cc
3>WebSocketInterface.cc
6>c4DocEnumerator.cc
5>HeapValue.cc
5>ValueSlot.cc
6>c4DocExpiration.cc
3>ThreadedMailbox.cc
5>Backtrace.cc
7>certs.c
7>pkcs11.c
7>x509.c
7>x509_create.c
7>x509_crl.c
7>x509_crt.c
7>x509_csr.c
7>x509write_crt.c
7>x509write_csr.c
7>Generating Code…
6>c4Document.cc
3>Generating Code…
7>mbedx509.vcxproj -> C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\mbedtls\library\Release\mbedx509.lib
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\C\c4Document.cc(217,1): warning C4804: ‘<=’: unsafe use of type ‘bool’ in operation
5>Generating Code…
6>c4Observer.cc
8>------ Build started: Project: LiteCoreWebSocket, Configuration: Release x64 ------
6>c4PredictiveQuery.cc
6>c4Query.cc
8>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/vendor/couchbase-lite-core/CMakeLists.txt
6>BlobStore.cc
6>Stream.cc
6>BackgroundDB.cc
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Database\BackgroundDB.cc(66,39): warning C4101: ‘x’: unreferenced local variable
6>Document.cc
8>Certificate.cc
5>Compiling…
5>betterassert.cc
5>Bitmap.cc
5>FileUtils.cc
5>FleeceException.cc
5>InstanceCounted.cc
5>NumConversion.cc
5>JSON5.cc
8>PublicKey.cc
8>mbedUtils.cc
8>HTTPTypes.cc
8>HTTPLogic.cc
6>Housekeeper.cc
5>JSONEncoder.cc
8>TCPSocket.cc
5>LibC++Debug.cc
6>LeafDocument.cc
5>ParseDate.cc
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\Fleece\Support\ParseDate.cc(297,29): warning C4996: ‘tzset’: The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C and C++ conformant name: tzset. See online help for details.
5>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.18362.0\ucrt\time.h(594): message : see declaration of ‘tzset’
5>RefCounted.cc
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(94,29): error C2039: ‘function’: is not a member of ‘std’
8>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.24.28314\include\iostream(19): message : see declaration of ‘std’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(94,37): error C2061: syntax error: identifier ‘function’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(94,54): error C2187: syntax error: ‘const’ was unexpected here
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(94,86): error C2187: syntax error: ‘const’ was unexpected here
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(95,46): error C2061: syntax error: identifier ‘Logger’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(110,23): error C3646: 'logger
’: unknown override specifier
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(110,23): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
5>slice.cc
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Networking\TCPSocket.cc(591,12): error C2664: ‘bool litecore::net::TCPSocket::checkSocket(const sockpp::stream_socket &)’: cannot convert argument 1 from ‘sockpp::tcp_acceptor’ to ‘const sockpp::stream_socket &’
6>LegacyAttachments.cc
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Networking\TCPSocket.cc(591,12): message : Reason: cannot convert from ‘sockpp::tcp_acceptor’ to ‘const sockpp::stream_socket’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Networking\TCPSocket.cc(591,26): message : No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Networking\TCPSocket.hh(135,14): message : see declaration of ‘litecore::net::TCPSocket::checkSocket’
8>BuiltInWebSocket.cc
5>sliceIO.cc
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Networking\BuiltInWebSocket.cc(99,28): error C3861: ‘bind’: identifier not found
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Networking\BuiltInWebSocket.cc(124,49): warning C4390: ‘;’: empty controlled statement found; is this the intent?
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Networking\BuiltInWebSocket.cc(391,51): warning C4390: ‘;’: empty controlled statement found; is this the intent?
8>TLSContext.cc
6>LiveQuerier.cc
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\Fleece\Support\sliceIO.cc(56,67): warning C4267: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\Fleece\Support\sliceIO.cc(67,53): warning C4267: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
5>StringTable.cc
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(94,29): error C2039: ‘function’: is not a member of ‘std’
8>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.24.28314\include\chrono(24): message : see declaration of ‘std’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(94,37): error C2061: syntax error: identifier ‘function’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(94,54): error C2187: syntax error: ‘const’ was unexpected here
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(94,86): error C2187: syntax error: ‘const’ was unexpected here
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(95,46): error C2061: syntax error: identifier ‘Logger’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(110,23): error C3646: ‘logger_’: unknown override specifier
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(110,23): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Networking\TLSContext.cc(36,17): error C2660: ‘sockpp::mbedtls_context::set_logger’: function does not take 2 arguments
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(95,14): message : see declaration of ‘sockpp::mbedtls_context::set_logger’
8>netUtils.cc
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\Fleece\Support\StringTable.cc(77,24): warning C4477: ‘printf’ : format string ‘%.*s’ requires an argument of type ‘char *’, but variadic argument 3 has type 'const void *const ’
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\Fleece\Support\StringTable.cc(77,24): message : this argument is used by a conversion specifier
5>varint.cc
6>PrebuiltCopier.cc
5>Writer.cc
8>acceptor.cpp
5>HashTree.cc
8>connector.cpp
6>SequenceTracker.cc
5>MutableHashTree.cc
8>datagram_socket.cpp
5>NodeRef.cc
6>Generating Code…
8>exception.cpp
5>SwiftDtoa.cc
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\vendor\SwiftDtoa\SwiftDtoa.cc(1525,50): warning C4319: ‘~’: zero extending ‘uint32_t’ to ‘uint64_t’ of greater size
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\vendor\SwiftDtoa\SwiftDtoa.cc(1527,38): warning C4319: ‘~’: zero extending ‘uint32_t’ to ‘uint64_t’ of greater size
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\vendor\SwiftDtoa\SwiftDtoa.cc(1529,38): warning C4319: ‘~’: zero extending ‘uint32_t’ to ‘uint64_t’ of greater size
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\vendor\SwiftDtoa\SwiftDtoa.cc(1531,44): warning C4319: ‘~’: zero extending ‘uint32_t’ to ‘uint64_t’ of greater size
5>Generating Code…
8>inet_address.cpp
5>Compiling…
5>memmem.cc
5>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\MSVC\memmem.cc(27,11): warning C5033: ‘register’ is no longer a supported storage class
5>Generating Code…
8>inet6_address.cpp
6>Compiling…
6>TreeDocument.cc
8>mbedtls_context.cpp
6>Upgrader.cc
8>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.24.28314\include\vector(24): message : see declaration of ‘std’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(110,23): error C3646: ‘logger_’: unknown override specifier
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\mbedtls_context.cpp(498,60): error C2061: syntax error: identifier ‘Logger’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\mbedtls_context.cpp(499,14): error C2065: ‘logger_’: undeclared identifier
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\mbedtls_context.cpp(502,1): error C2039: ‘logger_’: is not a member of ‘sockpp::mbedtls_context’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(66): message : see declaration of ‘sockpp::mbedtls_context’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\mbedtls_context.cpp(502,1): error C2039: ‘_this’: is not a member of ‘sockpp::mbedtls_context’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\include\sockpp/mbedtls_context.h(66): message : see declaration of ‘sockpp::mbedtls_context’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\mbedtls_context.cpp(502,30): error C2530: ‘logger’: references must be initialized
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\mbedtls_context.cpp(503,1): error C3536: ‘logger’: cannot be used before it is initialized
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\mbedtls_context.cpp(504,21): error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function taking 4 arguments
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\mbedtls_context.cpp(507,9): error C2065: 'logger
’: undeclared identifier
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\mbedtls_context.cpp(507,19): error C2065: ‘logger’: undeclared identifier
8>socket.cpp
6>PredictiveModel.cc
6>Query.cc
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\socket.cpp(134,1): warning C4996: ‘WSADuplicateSocketA’: Use WSADuplicateSocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings
8>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.18362.0\um\winsock2.h(2847): message : see declaration of ‘WSADuplicateSocketA’
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\socket.cpp(135,1): warning C4996: ‘WSASocketA’: Use WSASocketW() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings
8>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.18362.0\um\winsock2.h(3416): message : see declaration of ‘WSASocketA’
8>stream_socket.cpp
6>QueryParser+Prediction.cc
6>QueryParser.cc
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sockpp\src\stream_socket.cpp(211,36): warning C4267: ‘=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘ULONG’, possible loss of data
8>Generating Code…
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Query\QueryParser.cc(301,57): warning C4267: ‘+=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
6>SQLiteDataFile+Indexes.cc
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Crypto\PublicKey.cc(70): warning C4715: ‘litecore::crypto::key::publicKeyData’: not all control paths return a value
8>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Crypto\PublicKey.cc(123): warning C4715: ‘litecore::crypto::PrivateKey::privateKeyData’: not all control paths return a value
3>BLIPStatic.vcxproj -> C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\BLIP-Cpp\Release\BLIPStatic.lib
9>------ Build started: Project: SQLite3_UnicodeSN, Configuration: Release x64 ------
6>SQLiteFleeceEach.cc
5>jsonsl.c
5>cdecode.c
5>cencode.c
5>vasprintf-msvc.c
5>asprintf.c
5>Generating Code…
8>Done building project “LiteCoreWebSocket.vcxproj” – FAILED.
10>------ Build started: Project: Support, Configuration: Release x64 ------
10>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/vendor/couchbase-lite-core/CMakeLists.txt
5>FleeceStatic.vcxproj -> C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\Release\FleeceStatic.lib
5>Done building project “FleeceStatic.vcxproj”.
11>------ Build started: Project: mbedtls, Configuration: Release x64 ------
10>c4ExceptionUtils.cc
11>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/vendor/couchbase-lite-core/vendor/mbedtls/library/CMakeLists.txt
6>SQLiteFleeceFunctions.cc
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Query\SQLiteFleeceFunctions.cc(83,44): warning C4101: ‘x’: unreferenced local variable
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Query\SQLiteFleeceFunctions.cc(87,40): warning C4101: ‘x’: unreferenced local variable
6>SQLiteFleeceUtil.cc
9>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/vendor/couchbase-lite-core/vendor/sqlite3-unicodesn/CMakeLists.txt
11>debug.c
10>EncryptedStream.cc
11>net_sockets.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_danish.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_dutch.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_english.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_finnish.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_french.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_german.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_hungarian.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_italian.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_norwegian.c
11>ssl_cache.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_porter.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_portuguese.c
10>Error.cc
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_spanish.c
11>ssl_ciphersuites.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_1_swedish.c
9>stem_ISO_8859_2_romanian.c
9>stem_KOI8_R_russian.c
11>ssl_cli.c
6>SQLiteFTSRankFunction.cc
9>stem_UTF_8_danish.c
9>stem_UTF_8_dutch.c
9>stem_UTF_8_english.c
9>stem_UTF_8_finnish.c
9>stem_UTF_8_french.c
11>ssl_cookie.c
9>Generating Code…
11>ssl_srv.c
11>ssl_ticket.c
11>ssl_tls.c
11>Generating Code…
9>Compiling…
9>stem_UTF_8_german.c
9>stem_UTF_8_hungarian.c
9>stem_UTF_8_italian.c
6>SQLiteKeyStore+ArrayIndexes.cc
9>stem_UTF_8_norwegian.c
9>stem_UTF_8_porter.c
9>stem_UTF_8_portuguese.c
9>stem_UTF_8_romanian.c
9>stem_UTF_8_russian.c
9>stem_UTF_8_spanish.c
9>stem_UTF_8_swedish.c
9>stem_UTF_8_turkish.c
9>fts3_unicode2.c
9>fts3_unicodesn.c
10>FilePath.cc
9>sqlite3_unicodesn_tokenizer.c
9>libstemmer_utf8.c
9>api_sq3.c
9>utilities_sq3.c
9>Generating Code…
11>mbedtls.vcxproj -> C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\mbedtls\library\Release\mbedtls.lib
12>------ Build started: Project: zlibstatic, Configuration: Release x64 ------
6>SQLiteKeyStore+FTSIndexes.cc
12>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/vendor/couchbase-lite-core/vendor/BLIP-Cpp/vendor/zlib/CMakeLists.txt
10>LogDecoder.cc
12>adler32.c
12>compress.c
12>crc32.c
6>SQLiteKeyStore+Indexes.cc
12>deflate.c
12>gzclose.c
12>gzlib.c
12>gzread.c
12>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\BLIP-Cpp\vendor\zlib\gzread.c(319,20): warning C4267: ‘=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
12>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\BLIP-Cpp\vendor\zlib\gzread.c(400,35): warning C4267: ‘=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
12>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\BLIP-Cpp\vendor\zlib\gzread.c(472,33): warning C4267: ‘=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘int’, possible loss of data
12>gzwrite.c
12>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\BLIP-Cpp\vendor\zlib\gzwrite.c(212,27): warning C4267: ‘=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
12>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\BLIP-Cpp\vendor\zlib\gzwrite.c(232,24): warning C4267: ‘=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘unsigned int’, possible loss of data
12>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\BLIP-Cpp\vendor\zlib\gzwrite.c(371,36): warning C4267: ‘=’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘int’, possible loss of data
12>inflate.c
12>infback.c
12>inftrees.c
12>inffast.c
10>LogEncoder.cc
12>trees.c
12>uncompr.c
12>zutil.c
12>Generating Code…
6>SQLiteKeyStore+PredictiveIndexes.cc
6>SQLiteN1QLFunctions.cc
10>Logging_Stub.cc
10>PlatformIO.cc
9>stopwordset.cc
6>SQLitePredictionFunction.cc
6>SQLiteQuery.cc
12>zlibstatic.vcxproj -> C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\BLIP-Cpp\vendor\zlib\Release\zlibstatic.lib
12>Done building project “zlibstatic.vcxproj”.
10>StringUtil.cc
9>SQLite3_UnicodeSN.vcxproj -> C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\sqlite3-unicodesn\Release\SQLite3_UnicodeSN.lib
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Query\SQLiteQuery.cc(469,1): warning C4334: ‘<<’: result of 32-bit shift implicitly converted to 64 bits (was 64-bit shift intended?)
10>SecureRandomize.cc
6>n1ql.cc
6>RawRevTree.cc
6>Generating Code…
10>Address.cc
10>memmem.cc
10>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\MSVC\memmem.cc(27,11): warning C5033: ‘register’ is no longer a supported storage class
10>mkstemp.cc
10>mkdtemp.cc
10>arc4random.cc
10>strptime.cc
10>StringUtil_winapi.cc
10>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Support\StringUtil_winapi.cc(30,97): warning C4267: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘int’, possible loss of data
10>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Support\StringUtil_winapi.cc(36,86): warning C4267: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘int’, possible loss of data
10>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Support\StringUtil_winapi.cc(53,112): warning C4267: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘int’, possible loss of data
10>Error_windows.cc
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Database\TreeDocument.cc(254): warning C4715: ‘c4Internal::TreeDocument::save’: not all control paths return a value
6>Compiling…
6>RevID.cc
6>RevTree.cc
10>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Support\Error_windows.cc(81,101): warning C4267: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘DWORD’, possible loss of data
10>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Support\Error_windows.cc(83,101): warning C4267: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘DWORD’, possible loss of data
10>Generating Code…
6>VersionedDocument.cc
6>DataFile.cc
10>asprintf.c
10>strlcat.c
10>vasprintf-msvc.c
10>Generating Code…
10>Support.vcxproj -> C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Release\Support.lib
10>Done building project “Support.vcxproj”.
6>KeyStore.cc
6>Record.cc
6>RecordEnumerator.cc
6>SQLiteDataFile.cc
6>SQLiteEnumerator.cc
6>SQLiteKeyStore.cc
6>UnicodeCollator.cc
6>Certificate.cc
6>mbedUtils.cc
6>PublicKey.cc
6>SecureDigest.cc
6>SecureSymmetricCrypto.cc
6>Address.cc
6>CookieStore.cc
6>Backup.cpp
6>Column.cpp
6>Generating Code…
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Crypto\PublicKey.cc(70): warning C4715: ‘litecore::crypto::key::publicKeyData’: not all control paths return a value
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Crypto\PublicKey.cc(123): warning C4715: ‘litecore::crypto::PrivateKey::privateKeyData’: not all control paths return a value
6>Compiling…
6>Exception.cpp
6>Statement.cpp
6>Transaction.cpp
6>c4Replicator.cc
6>c4Socket.cc
6>Checkpoint.cc
6>DatabaseCookies.cc
6>DBAccess.cc
6>IncomingBlob.cc
6>IncomingRev.cc
6>Inserter.cc
6>Puller.cc
6>Pusher.cc
6>Pusher+DB.cc
6>Replicator.cc
6>Replicator+Checkpoints.cc
6>ReplicatorTypes.cc
6>RevFinder.cc
6>Worker.cc
6>Logging.cc
6>Generating Code…
6>Compiling…
6>DefaultLogger.cc
6>Error.cc
6>UnicodeCollator_winapi.cc
6>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\LiteCore\Storage\UnicodeCollator_winapi.cc(64,1): warning C4267: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘size_t’ to ‘int’, possible loss of data
6>Generating Code…
6>Database.cc
6>SQLiteChooser.c
6>Database.cpp
6>LiteCoreStatic.vcxproj -> C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\build_cmake\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\Release\LiteCoreStatic.lib
6>Done building project “LiteCoreStatic.vcxproj”.
13>------ Build started: Project: CouchbaseLiteC, Configuration: Release x64 ------
13>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/CMakeLists.txt
13>empty.cpp
13>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘Release\CouchbaseLiteCStatic.lib’
13>Done building project “CouchbaseLiteC.vcxproj” – FAILED.
14>------ Build started: Project: CBL_C_Tests, Configuration: Release x64 ------
14>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/test/CMakeLists.txt
14>BlobTest_Cpp.cc
14>CBLTestsMain.cpp
14>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\test…\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\vendor\catch\catch.hpp(7915,5): warning C4996: ‘std::uncaught_exception’: warning STL4006: std::uncaught_exception() is deprecated in C++17. It is superseded by std::uncaught_exceptions(), plural. You can define _SILENCE_CXX17_UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION_DEPRECATION_WARNING or _SILENCE_ALL_CXX17_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS to acknowledge that you have received this warning.
14>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.24.28314\include\exception(23): message : see declaration of ‘std::uncaught_exception’
14>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\test…\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\vendor\catch\catch.hpp(6472,18): error C2039: ‘random_shuffle’: is not a member of ‘std’
14>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.24.28314\include\chrono(24): message : see declaration of ‘std’
14>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\test…\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\vendor\catch\catch.hpp(6488): message : see reference to function template instantiation ‘void Catch::RandomNumberGenerator::shuffle<std::vector<Catch::TestCase,std::allocatorCatch::TestCase>>(V &)’ being compiled
14> with
14> [
14> V=std::vector<Catch::TestCase,std::allocatorCatch::TestCase>
14> ]
14>C:\Users\mostain\Desktop\couchbase\database\couchbase-lite-C\test…\vendor\couchbase-lite-core\vendor\fleece\vendor\catch\catch.hpp(6472,1): error C3861: ‘random_shuffle’: identifier not found
14>DatabaseTest.cc
14>DatabaseTest_Cpp.cc
14>QueryTest.cc
14>ReplicatorTest.cc
14>LibC++Debug.cc
14>Backtrace.cc
14>Generating Code…
14>Done building project “CBL_C_Tests.vcxproj” – FAILED.
15>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release x64 ------
15>Building Custom Rule C:/Users/mostain/Desktop/couchbase/database/couchbase-lite-C/CMakeLists.txt
========== Build: 11 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

@borrrden 40 error

It’s been 3 months since I last had a look at that code but this is the fix/ci_windows branch right? You can see here that it was able to build then in our continuous build environment. This is the script used by that automated job. A lot of these errors look like things that I fixed on that branch but at this point I don’t remember clearly.

@borrrden yes i am using the fix/ci_windows branch…for double confirmation i am doing everything from scratch again…first i am cloning the repo using git clone command then i update the repo to fix/ci_windows branch then initialize and update recursively then using cmake to generate visual studio solution file then open the solution file and build…please correct me if i mistake any step

i am struggling from last 3 days…

Sorry you’re having trouble, @mostain. CBL-C is not an official product yet so we haven’t gotten the build process fully set up. Could you please file an issue on the Github repo? Then we can track it there.

@jens as you said i just opened an issue on the github repo, please check it out and try to fix it asap.

Currently i am facing only 3 error: