Couchbase not recognised in Xamarin Forms PCL

I am trying to put together a small application to check out Xamarin Forms functionality with Couchbase. I’m using Visual Studio 2017. Managing NuGet packages in the Android and iOS solutions I can import the 3 packages I need:

Couchbase.Lite.Storage.SystemSQLLite
Couchbase.Lite.Storage.SQLCipher
Couchbase.Lite.Storage.ForestDB

However I get this error while trying to install them in the PCL:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly ‘Couchbase.Lite, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=’. Perhaps it doesn’t exist in the Mono for Android profile? File name: ‘Couchbase.Lite.dll’ at Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters) at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel) at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver) XamarinCouchBase.Android

This means that when I insert the required shared code into the App.Xaml.Cs file, I get errors saying the Objects and Methods I’m trying to call are not recognised in this context, but I have definitely referenced the packages in the ‘using’ statements. Does anyone have any experience of Couchbase and Xamarin Forms who might be able to help?

1.x is not compatible with PCL. You will have to use the shared project setup instead.

Thanks! I’ll set up a shared project instead.