Couchbase on Ubuntu

Are there any pre-built images that have couchbase 2.x running on them? I have been pulling my hair out trying to get an Ubuntu image up and running as v10.04 is quite old and therefore most of my dependencies (PHP, Apache, etc.) require building the packages from scratch. To make matters worse, after getting about 70% done with the “other” software I decided to install the Couchbase .dpm installer:

sudo dpkg -i Downloads/couchbase-server-community_x86_64_2.1.1.deb

Doesn’t work at all. It claims it’s the wrong architecture (“amd” instead of “i386”). Huh?

I need help, as I need a good deployment environment to send out with people on laptops plus I’d ideally like to import this environment into AWS and make it my baseline server platform.

Hi There,

The error you are getting would seem to be because you are trying to install the wrong package for your architecture - i.e. the 64bit version, when you need the 32bit version.

Regarding ready made packages, we have Amazon AMI packages available for 1 click installs, as can be found here:

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/search/results/ref=gtw_navgno_search_box?searchTerms=couchbase&search=

I hope this helps.

Robin.