Couchbase Server 4.0 has hit Release Candidate

It’s time! Couchbase Server 4.0 RC is now available for download. Also check out the getting started section in the docs, the release notes and Cihan’s blog.

Briefly, thanks to everyone in the community for the feedback on the Beta. With your help, we identified and squashed a number of issues and every user of Couchbase is better off for it.

This release brings together a number of features you’ve all been waiting for. Foremost is the new N1QL Query Language, supported with new Global Secondary Indexing and the Multi-Dimensional Scaling approach to architecture with this distributed database. All of the SDKs have shipped preview functionality to enable developers to start using these in apps for Java, .NET, Node.js and others. In fact, the Go SDK is arriving at nearly the same time.

That’s not all though, this is the first deployment of ForestDB on Couchbase Server, we have improved security features, more Cross Datacenter (XDCR) features and many other fixes.

While we work through all of the final checks with this RC, please give it a shot yourself and post here to the forums or to the issue tracker with any feedback.

6 Likes

I have downloaded couchbase-server-enterprise_4.0.0-rc0-windows_amd64 and installed it following steps but still experiencing bug https://issues.couchbase.com/browse/MB-15001.

Hi, have you enabled all services including index and query in the cluster?
-cihan

At the installation (browser part) I think I did but after failing n1ql initial indexing, I also used Add Server and recreated the local host server with Data, Index and Query checked.

I’m using Windows 10
Couchbase version: 4.0.0-4047 Enterprise Edition (build-4047)

CMD line 1:
cbq-engine -datastore=http://localhost:8091

CMD line 2:
cbq -engine=http://localhost:8093/

cbq>
CREATE PRIMARY INDEX ON beer-sample USING GSI;
Result contains:
“errors”: [ { “code”: 5000, “msg”: “GSI CreatePrimaryIndex() - cause: Request Timeout” }],
“status”: “errors”,

cbq> SELECT ‘Hello World’ AS Greeting;
Result contains:
“results”: [ { “Greeting”: “Hello World” } ],
“status”: “success”,

Apologies for the delay; Could you try this;

> CREATE PRIMARY INDEX ON `beer-sample` USING GSI;

Hi Cihan,
As you can see I have tried this and added above with the error code 5000.

But if you mean complete output then here it is:

cbq> CREATE PRIMARY INDEX ON beer-sample USING GSI;
{
“requestID”: “5ac8b952-861a-43b5-b6b6-8e002a0df838”,
“signature”: null,
“results”: [
],
“errors”: [
{
“code”: 5000,
“msg”: “GSI CreatePrimaryIndex() - cause: Request Timeout”
}
],
“status”: “errors”,
“metrics”: {
“elapsedTime”: “2m1.6080593s”,
“executionTime”: “2m1.5928842s”,
“resultCount”: 0,
“resultSize”: 0,
“errorCount”: 1
}
}

Thanks,
Mohammad

wanted to be sure you are using the back ticks around beer-sample. could you collect a cb_collect output and send that over to cihan@couchbase.com
thanks

I will,
Thanks
Mohammad

Hi Mohammad, we just put a tresher and final build of Couchbase Server 4.0 on the site. Recommend you try the new bits as well.
-cihan

Hi Cihan,
Have you tried N1ql with this release on Windows?
I tried and posted the failing result under the release forum post.

Yes. We have tests covering all the platforms we support so every release you see on the list is fully tested on the OS with the version.
-cihan