Couchbase Server 4.0 issue

I upgraded my Couchbase server cluster (3 nodes) from 3.0 to 4.0.
But this broke some of the scripts that were working fine in 3.0.
The scripts primarily use the REST APIs that I copied from web console’s View.

In one case:
http://host:8092/cs_work_monitor/_design/dev_classify/_view/unclassified?stale=false&inclusive_end=true&connection_timeout=60000&limit=10&skip=0
works fine. But when I select “Full Cluster Data Set”, i.e. adding “full_set=true”, it broke with this error:
ejson_compare_nif_not_loaded ([{erlang,nif_error,[ejson_compare_nif_not_loaded],[]}, {couch_ejson_compare,less_json_nif,2, [{file,"/Users/jenkins/jenkins/workspace/sherlock-unix/couchdb/src/couchdb/couch_ejson_compare.erl"}, {line,62}]}, {couch_ejson_compare,less_json,2, [{file,"/Users/jenkins/jenkins/workspace/sherlock-unix/couchdb/src/couchdb/couch_ejson_compare.erl"}, {line,49}]}, {couch_set_view,map_view_key_compare,2, [{file,"/Users/jenkins/jenkins/workspace/sherlock-unix/couchdb/src/couch_set_view/src/couch_set_view.erl"}, {line,1116}]}, {couch_skew,merge,3, [{file,"/Users/jenkins/jenkins/workspace/sherlock-unix/couchdb/src/couch_index_merger/src/couch_skew.erl"}, {line,45}]}, {couch_skew,out,2, [{file,"/Users/jenkins/jenkins/workspace/sherlock-unix/couchdb/src/couch_index_merger/src/couch_skew.erl"}, {line,35}]}, {couch_view_merger_queue,handle_cast,2, [{file,"/Users/jenkins/jenkins/workspace/sherlock-unix/couchdb/src/couch_index_merger/src/couch_view_merger_queue.erl"}, {line,155}]}, {gen_server,handle_msg,5,[{file,“gen_server.erl”},{line,604}]}])
I am not sure how to read what’s wrong.

Another case is the “group_level=2” no longer works and return error “unexpected” in dev view and “ejson_compare_nif_not_loaded” in “full cluster data” view.

Is there compatibility issue with upgrading 3.0 to 4.0 data I missed? The upgrade process seems to work fine.

Thanks!

Alex Lee

Are you on OS X El Capitan? It sounds like you might be hitting the problem described here: Couchbase Server issues on OS X El Capitan

Yes, indeed. The cluster is 3 nodes runningMac OSX El Capitan.
I installed the GA version of Mac OSX El Capitan.
Are they still not supported? The installation went ok.
I am not seeing anything mentioned similar to the issue I run into.

Thanks!

Alex

Hi Drigby,

Are you referring MB-16435? Where can I download a newer version that has the fix? Would really appreciate getting this issue unblocked.

Thanks!

Alex

There’s an “El Capitan” specific developer preview build on the 4.0 download page: NoSQL Database Download | Couchbase 30-Day Free Trial

I believe that was what I downloaded and upgraded my Couchbase servers from. Will give it a try one more time anyway.

Alex

Hmm… that did the trick. Thanks a lot!
The only difference I notice is the old installation was El Capitan community edition.
This time I installed El Capitan enterprise edition.