Couchbase Server 6.0.0 unstable on macOS Mojave - console quits connecting, server does not respond

Hello there,
I am unable to run Couchbase Server 6.0.0 on macOS 10.14.1 (“Mojave”) for a very long time. After a few client interactions, the server does not respond any longer to connections, and the console itself is unable to connect to the server.
Looking at the logs I see the following thing, which looks quite concerning:

Compactor for view auditdb/_design/hx2a_all (pid [{type,view}, {name, <<“auditdb/_design/hx2a_all”>>}, {important,false}, {fa, {#Fun<compaction_new_daemon.25.106246998>, [<<“auditdb”>>, <<"_design/hx2a_all">>, {config, {30,undefined}, {30,undefined}, undefined,false,false, {daemon_config,30, 131072,20971520}}, false, {[{type,bucket}]}]}}]) terminated unexpectedly (ignoring this): {badmatch, {badmatch, {error, {error, {{case_clause, {{error, vbucket_stream_not_found}, {bufsocket, #Port<12404.10290>, <<>>}}}, [{couch_dcp_client, init, 1, [{file, “/Users/jenkins/jenkins/workspace/couchbase-server-unix/couchdb/src/couch_dcp/src/couch_dcp_client.erl”}, {line, 314}]}, {gen_server, init_it, 6, [{file, “gen_server.erl”}, {line, 304}]}, {proc_lib, init_p_do_apply, 3, [{file, “proc_lib.erl”}, {line, 239}]}]}}}}}

Additionally I have an erl_crash.dump file.

I’ve tried a full reinstall and initial configuration, and the server crashes an hour after, without any data, nothing special in the log, and no Erlang dump file… The same happens on all my machines running Mojave.

I see that Couchbase Server 6.0.0’s doc says in one place (https://docs.couchbase.com/server/6.0/install/macos-install.html) “Mac OS 10.9, 10.10, and 10.11 are supported for development purposes only.”, and in another one (https://docs.couchbase.com/server/6.0/install/install-platforms.html) that all versions are supported up to 10.13, so my issues might be due to me running macOS 10.14.1? 10.11 is quite old, so I thought I’d give it a try.

Thanks!

Hi @Hawkeye,

Sorry for the delay in response. You’re right Couchbase Server 6.0 is unstable on macOS Mojave its getting fixed in our upcoming release and here is JIRA issue MB-31553.

Thanks!