Couchbase SpringData 4.1.1 and Boot 2.4 Query error

Hi All,
With springdata couchbase 4.1.1 and SpringBoot 2.4 along with couchbase 7 beta server below query annotated repository method is throwing error.
@Query(“SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM #{#n1ql.bucket} WHERE #{#n1ql.filter}”)
Long getProjectCountNickel();

It throws below error.
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.springframework.data.couchbase.core.ReactiveFindByQueryOperationSupport$ReactiveFindByQuerySupport.lambda$null$1(ReactiveFindByQueryOperationSupport.java:100)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMap$MapSubscriber.onNext(FluxMap.java:106)
at reactor.core.publisher.MonoFlatMapMany$FlatMapManyInner.onNext(MonoFlatMapMany.java:250)

How ever "SELECT count(*) as count FROM test WHERE _class = “com.example.couchbase7upgrade.model.Project” query works fine in the consoleweb.

Please see whether its a bug

Thanks
Isuru

Same error happens when projections with Dtos are executed

@Query(“SELECT name,code FROM #{#n1ql.bucket} WHERE #{#n1ql.filter} AND name = $1 ORDER BY name DESC”)
List findByNameProjection(String name);

at org.springframework.data.couchbase.core.ReactiveFindByQueryOperationSupport$ReactiveFindByQuerySupport.lambda$null$1(ReactiveFindByQueryOperationSupport.java:100)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMap$MapSubscriber.onNext(FluxMap.java:106)

Please check both .

@deniswsrosa / @mreiche can you assist ?

Give your query method a name beginning with “count” to indicate that it is a count() query.
The NPE occurs when spring-data-couchbase attempts to get the CAS from the query result.
Also - it’s safer to use #{#n1ql.selectEntity} instead of “SELECT …”

example from unit tests:
@Query("#{#n1ql.selectEntity} WHERE #{#n1ql.filter} #{#projectIds != null ? ‘AND iata IN $1’ : ‘’} "
+ " #{#planIds != null ? ‘AND icao IN $2’ : ‘’} #{#active != null ? ‘AND false = $3’ : ‘’} ")
@ScanConsistency(query = QueryScanConsistency.REQUEST_PLUS)
Long countFancyExpression(@Param(“projectIds”) List projectIds, @Param(“planIds”) List planIds,
@Param(“active”) Boolean active);

@mreiche,
Yes you are right on count query it works after applying yoursuggestions.

How about projections it wont work by changing the query as you suggested. ??
@Query(“SELECT name,code FROM #{#n1ql.bucket} WHERE #{#n1ql.filter} AND name = $1 ORDER BY name DESC”)
at org.springframework.data.couchbase.core.ReactiveFindByQueryOperationSupport$ReactiveFindByQuerySupport
Please clarify this one

Thanks
Isuru

The NPE occurs when spring-data-couchbase attempts to get the CAS from the query result.

It’s more-or-less the same issue.
The select needs to include __id and __cas.

SELECT META(#{#n1ql.bucket}).id AS __id, META(#{#n1ql.bucket}).cas AS __cas, name, code FROM …

There will be an easier way to do this in the future.

I tried the below but same error.

@Query(“SELECT META(#{#n1ql.bucket}).id AS __id, META(#{#n1ql.bucket}).cas AS __cas, name, code FROM #{#n1ql.bucket} WHERE #{#n1ql.filter} AND name = $1 ORDER BY name DESC”)

I use the interface as per the spec for projection as below.
public interface ProjectDetailDto {
public String getCode();
public String getName();
}

Please check
Thanks
Isuru

They messed up something internally, you’ll get a nullpointer whenever you use “SELECT something” instead of #{#n1ql.selectEntity}. I’ve reported the same issue here

Spring boot 2.3 is also affected.

@TomLukman Thanks for your input.

@mreiche
In addition to the above I would like to draw your attention to the below scenario as well.

Lets say your entity A as below with a Field annotation
class A {
Field(“x”)
String y;
}
Then when I write a repository auto derived method as
public List findByY(String y)

Error is thrown at execution.Please see whether this is a bug or intended behaviour.

Thanks,
Isuru

What exception is thrown?
Please report issues here : https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-data-couchbase/issues

Lets say your entity A as below with a Field annotation
class A {
Field(“x”)
String y;
}
Then when I write a repository auto derived method as
public List findByY(String y)

Its returning empty results always.Isit the intended behaviour to have auto derived queries to work only when @Field(“tttt”) annotation is not present?

You are correct - this is broken right now. The property is saved as ‘x’ in couchbase, but the query is selecting on ‘y’.

Thanks @mreiche for creating the issue