'CouchbaseLibcouchbaseException' with message 'Failed to get a value from server: Operation timed out'

Hi,

I’m having an issue running a simple test with the php extension. When I connect to the default bucket with no authentication it works fine. However, when I try to connect to a user defined bucket with authentication I don’t get a connection error but I get a “‘CouchbaseLibcouchbaseException’ with message ‘Failed to get a value from server: Operation timed out’” message. Knowing that the php extension works through the C library I wrote a C program to test the same thing. The C program throws a “Error Authentication error: SASL authentication failed” exception. This only recently happened when I updated the libraries on the server. I’m using Cent OS 5.9.

Any Ideas why I would be getting an SASL auth error when I’m using the right credentials?

Thanks,

Jordan

I had some issues with the latest Couchbase libraries last week when I updated as well. I was getting a seg fault in the 2.1.1 version of the C library (PHP PECL library at version 1.1.5 or 1.1.4dp in php info) that seemed to be caused by connecting to a bucket on a dedicated port with no username/password. I know this is a slightly different situation but compiling the C library from source at this revision https://github.com/couchbase/libcouchbase/commit/6b2f8e92190e00f6f7e24bf23e7ebf5f77a4b4ba fixed my issues. Looks like they just shipped the 2.1.2 version of the C library this morning so I would try that.

Something like this has come up before. If you have more complex characters in the password, like $ and * and so forth, try setting the password to something simpler to see if it makes a difference. There’s no reason that SHOULD happen, but if it does then let us know so we can try to duplicate the problem to fix it.

Make sure you are not using administrator account to connect. If you are doing it right, bucketname should be equal to username, and password should be bucket password, not that you specified during node configuration

I am receiving a similar error when attempting to run the simple single node php test. Error is:

Uncaught exception ‘CouchbaseLibcouchbaseException’ with message ‘Failed to store value to server: Connection failure’

php file is as follows:

<?php $cb = new Couchbase("127.0.0.1", NULL, "", "default", true); $cb->set("a", 101); var_dump($cb->get("a")); ?>

Have tried specifying ports 8091 and 11211 as well as explicitly passing “default” as the username. The bucket also does not have any specific access control.