Couchbaser Server community edition status

Until recently, the most recent Community Edition was clearly indicated as a ‘Developer Preview’ of 4.6.0.
Now the download page has been revamped and the latest CE is 4.6.0, without any reservations about being a ‘Developer Preview’.

Also when continuing to download this version, it is listed as a ‘Production version’, but the filename of the package still has the ‘DP’ in it.

So my question is, is Couchbase Server Community Edition now a ‘Prodcution Version’ or still a ‘Developer Preview’?

1 Like

In fact, the package name not only says ‘DP’, but also ‘enterprise’ instead of ‘community’…

Yeah I have noticed the same thing. The md5sum matches the Enterprise edition’s Developer Preview from months ago, and I would not have called that version production ready. Anyone have any ideas on why the DP version is listed as the latest community release?

2 Likes

It appears the download page has been fixed. It now lists the current production-ready release of Community Edition as 4.5.1. The 4.6.0 Developer Preview is under “Pre-release versions” where it belongs.

Indeed, it was an issue that is now fixed. Sorry for the confusion. @tyler.mitchell can probably help with any other questions about it.