Could not load bucket configuration: INVALID_ARGUMENTS(BAD_REQUEST)

Sometimes when my clients start up I see the following error:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not load bucket configuration: INVALID_ARGUMENTS(BAD_REQUEST)
at com.couchbase.client.core.config.loader.HttpLoader$1.call(HttpLoader.java:97) ~[core-io-1.2.2.jar:na]
at com.couchbase.client.core.config.loader.HttpLoader$1.call(HttpLoader.java:92) ~[core-io-1.2.2.jar:na]
at rx.internal.operators.OperatorMap$1.onNext(OperatorMap.java:54) ~[rxjava-1.0.15.jar:1.0.15]
… 14 common frames omitted
Caused by: rx.exceptions.OnErrorThrowable$OnNextValue: OnError while emitting onNext value: com.couchbase.client.core.message.config.BucketConfigResponse.class
at rx.exceptions.OnErrorThrowable.addValueAsLastCause(OnErrorThrowable.java:109) ~[rxjava-1.0.15.jar:1.0.15]
at rx.exceptions.Exceptions.throwOrReport(Exceptions.java:188) ~[rxjava-1.0.15.jar:1.0.15]
at rx.internal.operators.OperatorMap$1.onNext(OperatorMap.java:56) ~[rxjava-1.0.15.jar:1.0.15]
… 14 common frames omitted

Can someone point me in the right direction? I’m not sure why this is happening

It looks like something goes wrong while the SDK bootstraps using the HTTP endpoint /pools/default/b/bucketName on port 8091. The server returns a “bad request” error :frowning:

Which version of the server are you using, in what configuration (nodes in the cluster, what services are enabled on each node if they have different configurations, etc…)?

Thanks for the reply. I’m using Version: 3.0.1 Community Edition (build-1444). I have 27 nodes and all are identical. Not sure what you mean by services enabled but each node has 3 couchbase buckets that are replicated throughout the cluster. One thing to note is that I am using an AWS ELB as an endpoint for my clients. The ELB is set up with an http listener on port 8091 and a tcp listener on port 11210. According to the ELB, instances are healthy.