Design recommendation to append values on the same key

I want to know if there ability to add into couchbase multiple docs having the same key. so a key could act as key for list of values.

So when I want to retrieve a key’s value ill be able to get all values as list/array and somehow order them by insert time, etc…

I know that in Redis you can append to the same key multiple values

Example of document:

The key is the username: JohnD and the value is document with details and last login time like this:

{“firstName”:“John”, “lastName”:“Doe”, “status”:“success”, “lastloginDate”:“2013-04-14:22:30:14”}

The user is going to login couple of times and I want to record each time he logs in with some extra details.

now in some point I want to retrieve that list sorted by time and get specific item from it.

thanks.

No, in Couchbase keys are unique per document.

It sounds like you probably want to define a view to index documents by user and lastLoginDate (i.e. the key would be [username, lastloginDate]). Then you can query for a specific user and get all their documents sorted by lastLoginDate.

Hi Jens,
thanks for your reply.
How would you construct that key? for example: jossefH_2014_22_12_22_30_00 ? (date format: YYYY_mm_dd_hh_min_sec) or you meant something else?