"error_code": 500, "message": "Failed to transition connector test-couchbase-connect to state STARTED"

Hi,
I’m getting the following error while trying to create a couchbase connector.

{
“error_code”: 500,
“message”: “Failed to transition connector test-couchbase-connect to state STARTED”
}

When I check the connector status, this is what I see.

{
“name”: “test-couchbase-connect”,
“connector”: {
“state”: “FAILED”,
“worker_id”: “x.x.x.x:8083”,
“trace”: “java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timeout on blocking read for 30000 MILLISECONDS\n\tat reactor.core.publisher.BlockingSingleSubscriber.blockingGet(BlockingSingleSubscriber.java:123)\n\tat reactor.core.publisher.Mono.block(Mono.java:1704)\n\tat com.couchbase.connect.kafka.util.CouchbaseHelper.getConfig(CouchbaseHelper.java:52)\n\tat com.couchbase.connect.kafka.CouchbaseSourceConnector.start(CouchbaseSourceConnector.java:70)\n\tat org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerConnector.doStart(WorkerConnector.java:185)\n\tat org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerConnector.start(WorkerConnector.java:210)\n\tat org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerConnector.doTransitionTo(WorkerConnector.java:349)\n\tat org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerConnector.doTransitionTo(WorkerConnector.java:332)\n\tat org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerConnector.doRun(WorkerConnector.java:140)\n\tat org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerConnector.run(WorkerConnector.java:117)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)\n\tat java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)\n\tat java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)\n”
},
“tasks”: ,
“type”: “source”
}

Any ideas on what might be the issue ?
This is couchbase connector 4.0.5 btw.

Hi Nithin,

The connector is failing to fetch bucket information from Couchbase. Some common causes include network connectivity issues between the connect worker node and Couchbase, or connector misconfiguration; you might double-check the connector’s Couchbase user credentials, bucket name, and Couchbase address settings.

There might be more information in the connect worker log that would help pinpoint the problem.

https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/connect/logging.html

Thanks,
David

So the issue was I using wrong node as the seed node.
Thanks for helping, David.

1 Like