Error in restoring backup using cbbackupmgr in multi node setup

couchbase 5.1
I took backup of my database using cbbackupmgr and restoration works well for normal scenario. I made changes to cb setup and didnt work when I restore again. Below are different scenarios and its results.

Changes: delete all buckets, create a bucket with different name and restore using map-buckets
Result: data restored to new bucket

Changes: reinstall cb server to setup data & query node in one server, index & search node in another. After rebalance performed restoration with same bucket name
Result: data restored to new bucket

Changes: setup data & query node in one server, index & search node in another. Perform restoration with different bucket name
Result: Error: Error restoring cluster: Internal server error while executing “POST http://cb2.domain.com:9102/restoreIndexMetadata?bucket=newbucketname

Kindly let me know what am doing wrong here?

Thanks
Thanigai

Hello @thanigaivelan_u,

I suspect you are hitting known issue MB-27766. The index definitions are not getting remapped to the new bucket and as a result the error is produce.

Thanks,
Patrick

Thanks Pat for your quick reply. Is there anyway I can move forward?
The jira issue is not resoved. so I am assuming some work around could be there.

If you don’t care about the indexes, then you could try skipping them during the restore using --disable-gsi-indexes flag:

--disable-gsi-indexes    Disables restoring GSI index definitions

MB-27766 is currently targeted for the next major release.