Error linking Couchbase Lite Listener framework for iOS

I’m using couchbase lite v1.0.4 and couchbase lite listener v1.0.4. We didn’t originally have couchbase lite listener included so I just downloaded the couchbase lite ios v1.0.4 package from the couchbase downloads page and included it. I don’t know where we got the original couchbase lite framework, so I tried removing our original version and installing the version I got from the downloads page and it worked. I guess we had some weird version in our project.

I just want to use the REST API to make a PUT request of an existing document so that it accepts the existing rev field and doesn’t try to create a new revision. I’m trying to implement the solution you proposed to me in a different question I asked (How do I retrieve a set of documents by id from the server in couchbase lite?), this is what you said to do:
"I don’t think the public native API exposes the method to insert an existing revision, because normally it’s only needed by the replicator. However, it is exposed in the Couchbase Lite REST API; you PUT the revision as usual but set the URL query param ?new_edits=false."
Do I need to install PhoneGap to do that? It wouldn’t be overkill or anything? Since I only want to use the REST API to make this one PUT request. If PhoneGap is required to use the Couchbase Lite REST API it would be useful to have that requirement at the head of the API documentation. It’s just kind of confusing right now on how or when you would use the Couchbase Lite REST API, and how it is different from the Native API.