Error while using Elasticsearch plugin

I get the following error while exporting to Elasticsearch using the transport plugin. What could be the issue?

CapiNozzle 2016-01-15T06:49:01.874Z [ERROR] batchUpdateDocs for vb 369 failed with err Received malformed response from tcp connection vb=369. err=unexpected EOF, num_bytes=300, res_buf={HTTP/1.1 500 MapperParsingException[object mapping for [meta] tried to parse field [null] as object, but got EOF, has a concrete value been provided to it?]

I am using the default template that came with the transport plugin. Since the error seems to be in the Meta field, could it still be because of my data?

@geraldss, @davido would either of you know what is happening here? Thank you in advance.

Siva

Hi @ssingaram - what version of ES, Couchbase, and the Couchbase Transport Plugin for ES are you using? -Will

In additon to what Will asked, what sort of documents do you have in your Couchbase bucket? Are any of them not JSON (binary/strings)?

Thanks for the replies.

Elasticsearch version is 1.7.3
Couchbase : 4.1.0-4908
Transport plugin : I am not sure how to find it but I downloaded it 2 weeks ago only.

Couchbase has only normal JSON documents. No binaries.

Siva

The plugin version number should be in the zip file name, like this:

elastic-search-adapter/2.1.1/elasticsearch-transport-couchbase-2.1.1.zip