I am evaluating CB FTS and elasticsearch for my search feature. While doing that i have few questions regarding CB FTS. These are mentioned as below:
CB version - 6.0.5 and already having data-index-query nodes configuration as 5-5-8 and number of data is 500 million and i already use kv and n1ql queries having GSI indexes.
- Should i add search nodes to same cluster or should i have different cluster for search nodes? how both options will impact existing performance of system?
- Creating FTS index is exploding in nature. How to control that?
- Will FTS index be rebalanced automatically once there is a write to dataset? How much time does it take for above storage? Like in elastic search we need to rebalance explicitly.
- If there is a high load of write, how will indexes be re-balanced efficiently?
- Can we update the FTS index by adding/removing field? How much time does it take? In case of elasticsearch, we need to re-index the data.