Fail to save password for email server settings - 3.1.0-1776

I am using CB version 3.1.0-1776 on Windows 2012 R2 (4 node cluster).

From the “Alerts” tab of the Admin portal, if I enter the required fields (host, port, username, password, etc) and select “test mail”, the test e-mail is sent successfully.

After saving this information, it appears that the password does not get saved (“test mail” will fail unless I retype the password). Additionally, system email alerts fail to be sent. How can I get this info to save so that the email alerting works properly?

Are there any errors reported in the Logs tab in the UI when you attempt to save the password?

it sounds like you might have found a bug - could you raise an issue at http://issues.couchbase.com ?

Yes, a log entry is created when email fails

Case A - results in failure
Step 1: enter all the email settings and select “save” (dots representing the password characters disappear after selecting “save”)
Step 2: select "test mail"
Result: no email is sent the following log message is generated - “Could not send email: timeout exceeded. Make sure that your email settings are correct.”

Case B
Step 1: enter all the email settings and no NOT save
Step 2: select "test mail"
Result: test email is successfully sent
Step 3: navigate away from “Alerts” tab
Step 4: navigate back to “Alerts” tab (dots representing the password characters are no longer present)
Step 5: select "test mail"
Result: no email is sent the following log message is generated - “Could not send email: timeout exceeded. Make sure that your email settings are correct.”

Looks like the “save” functionality fails to save the password.

not yet solution for this problem ?? :confused:

Yes, i have faced similar issue.

anybody from couchbase might wanna give some ETA?