When I FTS search with a string like so: “anything* AND stopword*”, the query execution fails with a SQLite error saying the query was given a “malformed search string”.
“usfs* AND he*”
“banana* AND she*”
“orange* AND i*”
I’m guessing this is caused by stop words (common English words) being extracted from the search string before taking logical operands and wildcards into account, resulting in:
“usfs* AND *”
“banana* AND *”
“orange* AND *”
All of which are indeed “malformed search strings”. Because I don’t need any stemming or NLP features, I just set the index language to null, and the issue went away, so my problem is solved, but I figured I’d make a post as this is some very odd behavior!