Getting ConfigException in distributed mode

I have created a custom transform class and deployed that app, but I am getting the following error when trying to run Kafka Connect in distributed mode.
org.apache.kafka.common.config.ConfigException: Invalid value for configuration transforms.source.type: Class could not be found.

The following are some of the environment variables on Docker.
{
“name”: “CONNECT_PLUGIN_PATH”,
“value”: “/usr/scr/app/,/usr/scr/app/jar1.jar,/usr/scr/app/jar2.jar,/usr/scr/app/kafka-connect-couchbase-3.4.5.jar”
},
{
“name”: “OFFSET_STORAGE_FILE_FILENAME”,
“value”: “/usr/scr/app/connect.offsets”
},
{
“name”: “PLUGIN_PATH”,
“value”: “/usr/scr/app/,/usr/scr/app/jar1.jar,/usr/scr/app/jar2.jar,/usr/scr/app/kafka-connect-couchbase-3.4.5.jar”
},
{
“name”: “REST_HOST_NAME”,
“value”: “0.0.0.0”
},
{
“name”: “REST_PORT”,
“value”: “8083”
}

What am I doing wrong?

The transform specified by your transforms.source.type property is not in the class path. This might indicate the plugin.path is not configured properly.

The kafka-connect-couchbase jar and all of the jars containing your extension classes should be in the same directory, and the parent of that directory should be in the plugin path.

See About class loading isolation and converter class

Thanks for your reply, @david.nault. Can you please tell me how to add the transform to my classpath in both Windows and Linux?
I already have my plugin.path set as /usr/src/app/ and my JARs are in /usr/src/app/jars.

If the connector jar is also in /usr/src/app/jars, that sounds like it should work. Can you post a directory listing and repost the config where you specify plugin.path?

Thanks,
David

It worked by adding the connector and other dependent JARs in the classpath. Thanks for your help!