Hard crash on replication Gateway / Xamarin iOS/Android Couchbase Lite 2.1

Using Xamarin Forms for iOS and Android, with Couchbase Lite 2.1 .NET. Performing a replication with the Sync Gateway it will crash during the replication, both on iOS and Android. We have 2 servers which are nearly identical, one local and one online. Replicating with the local server works fine, replicating with the online server (which has different and more data, been used during development with various versions of CB/GW/CBL) causes a native crash in the app.

This makes me think it could be related to some malformed data perhaps?

We will attempt to wipe the data and start over, to see if that resolves the issue.

crash_stacktraces.zip (19.3 KB)

Seems desktop .NET (Windows Forms) is having a similar issue.

2018-09-12 11:37:12.031 +01:00 [Debug] SendSyncEventMessage() "SYNCING: 373 / 373"
2018-09-12 11:37:12.050 +01:00 [Debug] Set SyncStatus icon to Active
The program '[14260] MYAPP.exe' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005) 'Access violation'.

Wiping the bucket in CB Server seems to have resolved the issue for now, on all three platforms.

I’m glad the issue seems to have been worked out but I am curious what the cause is. The stack trace is a place where it has known to have crashed before but I fixed that case (and one more fix is coming for 2.1.1 but I am not sure if it is related or not). If you find any more information then please share it because the goal is to have no native crashes. They should at least be transformed into managed exceptions if something is wrong with the data.

I understand. Sadly we don’t have the time right now to dig into this, we just needed to get it working again. We don’t have more information than those stracktraces.