Help please about setting up "Couchbase Enterprise v6.5.x" in "AWS Cloud"

Hello Sir/Madam,
I am new to “Couchbase” database/technology. I am using the document https://docs.couchbase.com/server/6.5/cloud/couchbase-aws-marketplace.html to setup and evaluate “Couchbase v6.5.x Enterprise Edition Database Cluster” from “AWS Cloud” using r4 and/or m4 ec2 instance(s) type.

Questions:

1. From above mentioned document, as suggsted under topic “Deploying Couchbase Enterprise”, step 1,
    I searched “Couchase” in “Amazon Marketplace” and found information about following “Couchbase” flavors/editions/types. But did not find any information about “Couchbase Enterprise Edition” related details.
    Couchbase Containers Enterprise Edition
    Couchbase Server and Sync Gateway (Linux 1)
    Couchbase Server with Sync Gateway Community Edition
    Couchbase Server and Sync Gateway
    Couchbase Server NoSQL with Hadoop core by Miri Infotech
    Certified Apache NiFi - Calculated Systems

Kindly let me know information (or document to refer (and follow)) about using “Couchbase AMI” image and/or “AWS CloudFormation Templates” (without using Docker and / or Kubernetes) to create “Couchbase Enterprise v6.5.x Database Cluster” and evaluate.

2. How “Couchbase Enterprise Edition” is different from “Couchbase Server and Sync Gateway”?? How they are related to each other?

3. From above mentioned document, as suggsted under topic “Deploying Couchbase Enterprise”,
    Step1 to Step5: Did not find any information about “Sync Gateway”, Information is about “Couchbase Enteprise Edition” only.
    From Step6:
    Information about “Couchbase Enterprise Database” and “Sync Gateway”.
    From Steop8:
    Server/Instance Count: 4
    SyncGateway Instance Count: 2

Title is “Deploying Couchbase Enterprise” but information is about both “Couchbase Enterprise Database” and “Sync Gateway”. Too much confused.

4. Kindly let me know how to get help about setup and evaluate “Couchbase Enteprise v6.5.x Cluster” from “Couchbase”??

Thank you,
Ravi

@arblr for your evaluation purpose, I would suggest you go with Amazon Web Services Sign-In - you can select what type of AWS instances to use here and evaluate couchbase server - but it will get deployed with sync gateway as well but don’t worry about that - right now, I don’t see an option to install couchbase server only - Sync gateway is a secure web gateway for data access and synchronization over the web and details on that can be found here: Sync Gateway: Secure Data Access + Synchronization for Apps - you can ignore it and just evaluate couchbase server with this deployment

Here is some documentation on enterprise vs community edition: Enterprise Edition vs Community Edition vs Couchbase Capella

@aruns1987 Thanks A Lot about your reply and suggestion. Let me try to use Couchbase BYOL version to evaluate. Kindly let me know how to get license?? Whom to request ?

Hi @arblr you can use https://www.couchbase.com/pricing to request for BYOL pricing. I hope that helps!

Hello @aruns1987 I requested license to use “Couchbase Enterprise v6.5.x (BYOL) Cluster” (3 EC2 data nodes/instances). Let me come back as soon as possible with status. Thanks A Lot about your help/suggestions.

1 Like