How to solve conflicts at replication time?

Hello,
i’m using android couchbase lite. I have an android client which is in pull replication with a sync_gateway.

It may happen that during pull, conflicts are created on documents. I would like to solve conflicts during the replication time, so i thought i could do something like this:

pull.addChangeListener(new Replication.ChangeListener() {
            @Override
            public void changed(Replication.ChangeEvent event) {
                // will be called back when the pull replication status changes

if (event.getSource().getStatus() != Replication.ReplicationStatus.REPLICATION_OFFLINE) {

List<String> docIds = event.getSource().getDocIds();
                    if (docIds != null) {

for (String docId : docIds) {

Document doc = database.getDocument(docId);

List<SavedRevision> conflicts = null;
                            try {
                                conflicts = doc.getConflictingRevisions();
                            } catch (CouchbaseLiteException e) {
                                e.printStackTrace();
                                L.e("Errore mentre recupero le versioni in conflitto", e);
                            }
                            //here i would solve the conflicts but i never reach this point as docIds is always null
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        });

The problem is that event.getSource().getDocIds() is always null.
Is there a way to intercept all the documents that are pulled and then solve the conflicts at that moment?

Here it is suggested to solve conflict at document read-time but i would like to avoid that and solve it immediately when the conflict is generated (that is at pull time).

I also know i could add a document listener as explained here but i may have up to 80000 documents so i don’t know if it is good from a performance view but more important, documents will be created on server side and transferred to mobile via pull replication so i don’t know how to add the listener if i don’t know that the document has been created.

Use a database change listener. The change.source will be non-null for a doc added by a replication.

Ok. Is it better to use the change listener to find the modified documents and verify if they have a conflict or is it better to invoke a find-all-conflicts query with Query.AllDocsMode.ONLY_CONFLICTS option when the replication is ended (IDLE status) and solve the conflicts then?

I have maybe 80000 documents on my android cblite so i don’t know if all docs query will be fast

The DatabaseChange object will tell you if the document is in conflict. Observing database change notifications and looking for that flag is the cheapest way to detect conflicts; there’s almost zero overhead.

The OnlyConflicts query should be pretty fast; probably somewhat faster with ForestDB, but I haven’t benchmarked it. It will slow down with bigger databases, though.