Increase log file debug level

Hello Team,

I ran a restore command and it is failing with error not an archive directory. Is there a way to increase the log level of backup_0.log to check what the real issue and root cause of it? I have all data correctly in proper hierarchy. I want to check the root cause or any issue leading to it. Can you please help?

Also if there are any other log files which i can check can you please help with that too?

see cbbackupmgr collect-logs | Couchbase Docs

This might help as well - Error when try to do backup

Hello @mreiche,

The link that you provided is to collect logs, i want a way to increase the log level while running the restore job.

Click on the second link that I provided, search that page for logging. Have a nice day.

Hello @mreiche,

This option is not present for cbbackupmgr. Can you please help me with the option that i can increase debug level from cbbackupmgr.

There is an option --gocbcore-log-level debug/verbose/trace but I don’t think that will help you.

But the message says “not an archive directory”. Is it a valid archive directory? Does the directory contain a .backup file containing metadata?

@mreiche

Yes the directory hierarchy is same as backup and it is archive directory and contains all the meta data files.
It does have .backup file too.

Hi @mreiche/@pvarley

I am getting the following error :
Command “C:\Program Files\couchbase\server\bin\cbbackupmgr.exe” restore failed with Error Output --map-buckets option only works for the Data service. Will not restore the metadata for any other service
Error restoring cluster: Backup Repository c_test1-bin not found

Can you let me know when would this error come. I have folder c_test1-bin present in the directory structure and also i did check the command ran it is also correct but not sure which file/folder it is trying to read and giving me this error. To debug that i need some way, where i can find exact error and check in that angle.

i did run the restore command with procmon too but didn’t find any error in that too.

code is here. I think you should be able to read it.

git clone git@github.com:couchbase/backup.git